Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.

clearly they can be. you must be bored shitless if you can't keep off this place.

People who are fed up with holidays after ten days are doing the wrong holidays.

Just back from Orlando, could have very easily stayed another two weeks

I've never got the obsession with holidays. Probably because I get half the year off like. People must hate their jobs.

Thats not what I said now is it?
Yes I thought so. What did you mean then ? Ok you don't like going on holiday, which is a bit weird but each to their own but why the hate their jobs comment ? What relevance is that to the thread and your post ?

clearly I must be bored shitless if I can't stop coming onto threads specifically to post to 'Reiver' .

:lol: I think I've posted a dozen times in a month you dope. It's match day so I'm on here looking at the crack ..... when your alert came up!

As you mention it I'm currently sitting having a beer on the port of Palau mmmm Ichnusa.

Mrs Reiver is fetching ice, for the cool box, before we take the boat to the islands .....
..... Isola Budelli today, fabulous for snorkelling, you should go.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions .... if not pm and I'll include you on the 'family updates' :D

Yes I thought so. What did you mean then ? Ok you don't like going on holiday, which is a bit weird but each to their own but why the hate their jobs comment ? What relevance is that to the thread and your post ?
I do like going on holiday. But some people will do fuck all for 50 weeks a year, scrimping and saving to have a 2 week blow out. That makes no sense to me.

And people who are obsessed with holidays do tend to hate their jobs, it's like the light at the end of the tunnel. "I f***ing hate my job but atleast I've got Ibiza in 9 months to look forward to"

:lol: I think I've posted a dozen times in a month you dope. It's match day so I'm on here looking at the crack ..... when your alert came up!

As you mention it I'm currently sitting having a beer on the port of Palau mmmm Ichnusa.

Mrs Reiver is fetching ice, for the cool box, before we take the boat to the islands .....
..... Isola Budelli today, fabulous for snorkelling, you should go.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions .... if not pm and I'll include you on the 'family updates' :D

PM for me as well please

I do like going on holiday. But some people will do fuck all for 50 weeks a year, scrimping and saving to have a 2 week blow out. That makes no sense to me.

And people who are obsessed with holidays do tend to hate their jobs, it's like the light at the end of the tunnel. "I f***ing hate my job but atleast I've got Ibiza in 9 months to look forward to"
I think that whole post is utter nonsense so let's just leave it.

:lol:

I take 2 weeks off work but only 10 days away.
I'd hate to finish work and have to rush around. Also I'd hate to fly back and go back to work the next day. 2 days before and 2 days after to sort everything out

I'm the total opposite, normally leave work early on my last day, fly off and get back the day before or even the morning of the first day back! Being at home whilst on holiday is not my idea of holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back