Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.

The way forward for me, stopped chasing the ££££, took some pretty sizeable pay cuts to reduced my work stress and have spent the last few months cutting all the shit out of my life.....Recently pretty much stopped using my social media accounts which has been massive (barring a few mins on here every now and again)..

Would love to get totally off grid but I guess not really fair when you have a family.

I go to Rhodes a lot.Each time I go I stay longer.Just got here yesterday for a 3 week holiday.I could never be bored of being away.

:lol:

I take 2 weeks off work but only 10 days away.
I'd hate to finish work and have to rush around. Also I'd hate to fly back and go back to work the next day. 2 days before and 2 days after to sort everything out

Have to say this is best bit about my job.....When go abroad, do it in middle of summer hols so time at home before and after, makes a huge difference as agreed, getting back the day before work would be a killer for sure.

I never get the "why are you posting on here if you're on holiday" comments. It's not like it's 2007 where you'd have to be sat in a hotel foyer paying to use some shitty desktop. When I go away I still keep in touch with family/friends, check the news, play the same shitty games on my phone and come on here. Even if I was in Ghana building a school I'd still come on here during my down time.

That's assuming it wasn't dum sah dum sah (sp?) time!

I'd love to take a few weeks out cruising round the real med islands, not the typical holiday destinations, jumping from island to island taking in the local scenery & culture.

Also got an itch to do the same in the Caribbean bizarrely on the back of all this hurricane business. Out of storm season obviously.

I'd still post shit on here mind.
I'll be your Roger the Cabin Boy!

Did a bit of sailing in my youth. Would love to island hop my way around the Caribbean.

Last edited:
Why? You can still keep in touch without bellend book. The world wasn't ground to a communication halt before it came about. I must be over 8 years clean now and it's great :lol:

Ha ha, I mean off grid as in living in the wilderness, away from literally everything. Would be hugely selfish given none of my family would want to live like that :cool:

Go to Magaluf on Friday for a stag do, arrive home Monday for work Tuesday.. I can guarantee I won't want to go in!

No in a word
1st time we went to Orlando we went for 21 nights there and the next time for 25 nights there. Best most relaxing holidays ever.
Plenty of time to do things and plenty of time relaxing.

I could happily go away for 2 or 3 months in the sun. Both me and the Mrs are retired with part time jobs that we could put on hold but she misses the grand kids so it's a no no.
Bloody family !

Depends on your age and what you’re doing. Two weeks in the sun on the piss every night is great when you’re under 40. I couldn’t even contemplate that now. I’d struggle to do a week.
I hear what You're saying but the relevance escapes me. You don't have to be on the piss everyday to enjoy being on holiday.

I might do that Fred. I ain't getting any younger and I need my holidays.
While Reiver likes his French trips and Italian get aways, I love Greece.

My Mrs is mad to go back to Greece. I've never been & for some reason, have no desire to go there. I suppose I'll have to go with her at some point.

My Mrs is mad to go back to Greece. I've never been & for some reason, have no desire to go there. I suppose I'll have to go with her at some point.
Fred, the Greeks are so friendly, they are laid back and don't do hassle, they are generous too, often giving drinks or food for free, and their food is awesome.
Greece is the word.

I went there for the first time this year to Zante. It was lovely! The locals are so laid back and friendly and we had a really nice time. I think I ate my body weight in feta and olives though :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back