Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on what you're doing. Had a 3 week tour of the west coast of the USA which was over too quickly. Currently 1 week into a 2 week all inclusive trip to cancun and getting a little stir crazy. Think I prefer having a car/bike and just doing whatever I want.

I'm off on hols soon. Four days at Haggerston castle. About an hour's drive, fish lot from peters in Berwick, heating on full blast, and lieing in till 11am

A bracing walk with the Mrs and dog on cocklawburn beach, a trip to marks and sparks for some grub, back to the van to laze around, reading and watching dvds.

Heaven

I'd rather stop at home

Hols can be too long, yes. 3 weeks is spot on for us. Tried 4 a couple of years back and it was too much.
I have this strange habit of looking forward to going home half way through my hols. We love our hols every year, and I still get this feeling that I'm lòking forward to heading home, and I'm never sorry to be home. Can't figure it out.

Fair enough.
I just want to get back, all the clothes washed and all the tat (my missus) bought to be given out to friends (who in return but us pointless tat) so I can get back to my routine as soon as possible

I realise I sound a miserable git there

The last day or two of every holiday is clouded by the fact I'll be going home soon & it's a complete pisser, but I just look at that as a sign that we've had yet another cracker of a holiday.

One year, my wife said that she was never going on holiday with me again, because I barely spoke for the last couple of days.

Fair enough.
I just want to get back, all the clothes washed and all the tat (my missus) bought to be given out to friends (who in return but us pointless tat) so I can get back to my routine as soon as possible

I realise I sound a miserable git there
:lol:

I kept the thread vague deliberately.

As you've asked we were near Tharros on the west coast of Sardinia.

We'd gone down to see an archaeological dig where they've discovered incredible statues from 1000's of years ago.

It's a region that's barely changed.
Now that sounds brilliant.

Depends on the holiday. Mainly go on beach holidays at the moment with the bairns as it's easier so 10 days is enough. Once they've flown the nest and I'm free to do my own thing, I'd be tempted to go away for longer.

At your age I'd imagine three weeks would fly by. ;)
Evening. You've had a few mentions to be the pure football rep on this new fans group.

Took some tagging mind, with your dashes

Up for it?

We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.

I agree with that like, people are generally happier / more content if they lead simpler lives. I think money often leads to greed even if unintentionally and most don't realise that it takes over peoples lives.

Last long holiday we had was in 2005. Three weeks in Cuba.

I'm quite happy with mini breaks these days, though I would not mind a week in benidorm or gran canaria

I kept the thread vague deliberately.

As you've asked we were near Tharros on the west coast of Sardinia.

We'd gone down to see an archaeological dig where they've discovered incredible statues from 1000's of years ago.

It's a region that's barely changed.
are you just staying in sardinia or travelling around. A month on holiday anywhere becomes tiring, i dont care where you are.

I'm off on hols soon. Four days at Haggerston castle. About an hour's drive, fish lot from peters in Berwick, heating on full blast, and lieing in till 11am

A bracing walk with the Mrs and dog on cocklawburn beach, a trip to marks and sparks for some grub, back to the van to laze around, reading and watching dvds.

Heaven
If you want to treat yourself to a takeaway one night then pick up a pizza from Pizzaiolo. Best takeaway pizza I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back