Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

are you just staying in sardinia or travelling around. A month on holiday anywhere becomes tiring, i dont care where you are.

The holiday was supposed to be a few weeks in Corsica with the boat. Then we were invited to Sardinia so went on this archaeological dig ..... since then we've been in the mountains, walking & camping, then back north.

We were out on the boat, today, to an island called Monaci, between Sardinia and Corsica on the Maddelena archipelago. It's known as an area for seeing whales, rays, turtles, etc ..... all we saw were some dolphins swimming away from the boat.

Aye I think they can be. I personally don't think I'd enjoy a long travelling type holiday. I enjoy seeing new places but I really love "home" and wouldn't like being away for ages.

We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.

Anything more than 6 nights in the same place is too much unless it's a major city.

4 nights or so and then move onto another city and it's never too long

Hols can be too long, yes. 3 weeks is spot on for us. Tried 4 a couple of years back and it was too much.
I have this strange habit of looking forward to going home half way through my hols. We love our hols every year, and I still get this feeling that I'm lòking forward to heading home, and I'm never sorry to be home. Can't figure it out.

I'm a bit the same. Get the wanderlust easily. Been away 2 weeks now and a week to go. Loving it and the sunshine but a tiny little bit of me is looking forward to going to the preston game when we get back and hoping it's pissing down and freezing cold. A bit drizzle and fog will do :)

Did you climb brokeback mountain?

This isn't a dig at you but I fully expected that kind of post tbh.

I'm not sure if it's a NE macho auto-defense thing but any mention of beauty, joy or admiration of anything outside 'the norm' is inevitably met with a bit of mockery.

I'm happy to say the bloke, and his horse, were magnificent.

If that doesn't sit well, with some people, I really couldn't care less the.

I'm not sure if it's a NE macho auto-defense thing but any mention of beauty, joy or admiration of anything outside 'the norm' is inevitably met with a bit of mockery.

He's a southerner mate, proper pansy

Done 10 days in barbados a few weeks ago, could have stopped there for good!
Gunna try do a 3 week holiday next year

It's fine mate. We all know you're a stand up tough guy.

I won't judge who you hold hands without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back