Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiver

Winger
We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.

We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.
Did you climb brokeback mountain?

10 days away is enough for me as im missing my home comforts by then. We go away for 14 days, Mrs rules! Last 4 years just relaxed in Madeira. Suits us both

school holidays can:
when you are a kid, 6 weeks off f***ing excellent!!
when you are a parent, 6 weeks off f***ing nightmare :lol:

I asked one of the lads in work Monday how he got on on his fortnight in Greece. He told me that 2 weeks is too long & that 10 days would be more than enough. He still hasn't woken up after I beat him to a pulp.
i only do 5 days now :lol: i hope i never meet you, i value my teeth :lol:

I asked one of the lads in work Monday how he got on on his fortnight in Greece. He told me that 2 weeks is too long & that 10 days would be more than enough. He still hasn't woken up after I beat him to a pulp.
:lol:

I take 2 weeks off work but only 10 days away.
I'd hate to finish work and have to rush around. Also I'd hate to fly back and go back to work the next day. 2 days before and 2 days after to sort everything out

So you`ve settled for Tow Law then?

:lol:

I take 2 weeks off work but only 10 days away.
I'd hate to finish work and have to rush around. Also I'd hate to fly back and go back to work the next day. 2 days before and 2 days after to sort everything out

I agree that's it's a bollocks having to go back to work almost straight away after getting back, but I'd quite happily rather spend my final days of freedom in the sunshine drinking beer for a euro than being at home getting more depressed as time goes on.

I'm off on hols soon. Four days at Haggerston castle. About an hour's drive, fish lot from peters in Berwick, heating on full blast, and lieing in till 11am

A bracing walk with the Mrs and dog on cocklawburn beach, a trip to marks and sparks for some grub, back to the van to laze around, reading and watching dvds.

Heaven

I agree that's it's a bollocks having to go back to work almost straight away after getting back, but I'd quite happily rather spend my final days of freedom in the sunshine drinking beer for a euro than being at home getting more depressed as time goes on.
Fair enough.
I just want to get back, all the clothes washed and all the tat (my missus) bought to be given out to friends (who in return but us pointless tat) so I can get back to my routine as soon as possible

I realise I sound a miserable git there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back