Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.
You feckin snob.

I could happily go away for about eight weeks, not to the same place, obviously. I don't get the call of home.
My Mrs informed me this year that from now on she is only going to go away for a week at a time as she misses the grandkids too much. I told her she could join me at the start or the end of my holiday, the choice was hers.

Last edited:
Never.

I hate septembers more now than when I was a kid.

Nothing better than syncing your wake up alarm with homes under the hammer :lol:

Been in Vegas since aug' 24th, so that's a month this weekend, had a few days break in phoenix last week, we fly back Oct 12th and I guarantee both of us will be gutted boarding the plane.

As long as you're looking forward to each and every day, a holiday is never too long.

If it's become boring, mundane and repetitive then it is too long.

We've been away for about 3 weeks so far and won't be home 'til next month sometime.

The longer we're away the more difficult it will be to go back .... but your brain starts doing strange things when each new day has endless possibilities.

The locals have very simple lives and little money but seem infinitely more content than people chasing rainbows at home.

We were in the wilds yesterday and somehow got talking to a shepherd riding a magnificent white stallion to round up the sheep. As soon as my limited grasp of his language was exhausted he whished us well, turned his horse and galloped off across the fields.

Perhaps it's better to go on a 2 week package to a sunny place based on the price of the lager.

I feel like this when i go back to the north east

Had three week holidays for the last two years, so two weeks next year might seem a bit short. The main cost of a holiday is the flight, so makes sense to be away for longer. Also last two holidays have been long haul so again three weeks makes sense.

If you want to treat yourself to a takeaway one night then pick up a pizza from Pizzaiolo. Best takeaway pizza I've had.
Unless the pizza is covered with cheesey chips, kebab meat, curry sauce etc the scratter gourmands on here wouldnt recognise it as an edible pizza.
Authentic food is a total mystery to many.

I'm fine with that.

Going to pat my magnificent pony just now.
'Patting the Pony' :lol::lol:

My stepdaughter (no) has a non U.K. job that requires to take 3 months unpaid leave each year. She absolutely loves the holidays and opportunity to travel and have adventures. She's an utter wreck when she returns to work, however, and gets herself in a right stressed tizzy.

And she doesn't appear to understand the concept that her 9 months pay has to see her through 12 months but that's something that my bank account will have to become accustomed to I suppose.

I was at Sardinia earlier in the year. Great place with great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back