Can holidays be too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your age and what you’re doing. Two weeks in the sun on the piss every night is great when you’re under 40. I couldn’t even contemplate that now. I’d struggle to do a week.

How can a brewer working in a family business hate his job FFS.
I think it's one of the best jobs going.
It's ok mate, we understand. Only 10 more months until your annual jolly to Skegness. Woop.

I never get the "why are you posting on here if you're on holiday" comments. It's not like it's 2007 where you'd have to be sat in a hotel foyer paying to use some shitty desktop. When I go away I still keep in touch with family/friends, check the news, play the same shitty games on my phone and come on here. Even if I was in Ghana building a school I'd still come on here during my down time.

:lol: I think I've posted a dozen times in a month you dope. It's match day so I'm on here looking at the crack ..... when your alert came up!

As you mention it I'm currently sitting having a beer on the port of Palau mmmm Ichnusa.

Mrs Reiver is fetching ice, for the cool box, before we take the boat to the islands .....
..... Isola Budelli today, fabulous for snorkelling, you should go.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions .... if not pm and I'll include you on the 'family updates' :D

Nice Rev. Costa Smeralda and Blue turtle bay, never get sick of that.We usally stay over on the west coast near Castelsardo, could easily live there, enjoy it mate.

It's ok mate, we understand. Only 10 more months until your annual jolly to Skegness. Woop.
Incorrect, 5 weeks today til our holiday to Malaga. I work with my brother and a very good mate brewing beer. We have a laugh, work any hours we want, pay ourselves when and how much we want (within reason) and on brewing days have our first pint at about 8am. My jobs brilliant but it doesn't mean I can't look forward to and enjoy holidays.

Incorrect, 5 weeks today til our holiday to Malaga. I work with my brother and a very good mate brewing beer. We have a laugh, work any hours we want, pay ourselves when and how much we want (within reason) and on brewing days have our first pint at about 8am. My jobs brilliant but it doesn't mean I can't look forward to and enjoy holidays.
I'm pulling ya plonker man.

I think so, for me anyway. Don't want to say how many weeks a year I get off as it will only wind the haters up.
As Richard Ashcroft said "You're a slave to money then you die"

:lol: I think I've posted a dozen times in a month you dope. It's match day so I'm on here looking at the crack ..... when your alert came up!

As you mention it I'm currently sitting having a beer on the port of Palau mmmm Ichnusa.

Mrs Reiver is fetching ice, for the cool box, before we take the boat to the islands .....
..... Isola Budelli today, fabulous for snorkelling, you should go.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions .... if not pm and I'll include you on the 'family updates' :D

Sardinia is on my radar partly because of this thread, and you are too easy to bait...

I never get the "why are you posting on here if you're on holiday" comments. It's not like it's 2007 where you'd have to be sat in a hotel foyer paying to use some shitty desktop. When I go away I still keep in touch with family/friends, check the news, play the same shitty games on my phone and come on here. Even if I was in Ghana building a school I'd still come on here during my down time.

Same here. We always take an hour or so every day to ourselves while the other one minds the kids. I always have my phone with me when I go off for a couple of pints on my todd.

Without the Internet, I am nothing.

Any vacancies going in your place? I need to have use of my phone on the production floor, though. For emergencies. Yeah, that's right. Emergencies.

Last edited:

Aye on holiday you actually have more time to come on here as you have more down time and less busy.

I'd love to take a few weeks out cruising round the real med islands, not the typical holiday destinations, jumping from island to island taking in the local scenery & culture.

Also got an itch to do the same in the Caribbean bizarrely on the back of all this hurricane business. Out of storm season obviously.

I'd still post shit on here mind.

I never get the "why are you posting on here if you're on holiday" comments.

Me neither!

For example, I always wake up before the bairns on holiday, so I'll pop on while I'm having a quiet cuppa on the balcony.

Depends on your age and what you’re doing. Two weeks in the sun on the piss every night is great when you’re under 40. I couldn’t even contemplate that now. I’d struggle to do a week.
Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back