When he was appointed did anyone foresee the disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the exact moment no. I wanted him. However, after a few month the performances and his stubornes showed everything. Also heard rumours of discontent behind the scenes. Probably why we never seem to come back or fight for fuck all. So I wanted him out well before Christmas.

Lots were crowing because we got a couple of lucky wins back to back. Bumping threads who were critical about Moyes. It was too early and the wins were lucky if we were honest. If we are totally straight, we have performed well in about 4 or 5 games out of the season. That is f***ing disgraceful.
You were right long term, I think short term some questioned because you had the same views about Allardyce, but regardless the anger you sometimes display really isn't worth it.

Its not like it was an unlikely result. Nae offence but the thread suggests you are the likes of Man Utd going and getting relegated. You have been in constant relegation battles for 10 years, if you expected anything else you were probably having false hope. Yes Moyes has been utterly shit, but really has this year been much different to the others? It feels worse as Moyes is negative and you have had injuries thats all.

What?

We've got 21 points and are bottom of the league about to get relegated. It's not really similar in any way to the past ten seasons.

What?

We've got 21 points and are bottom of the league about to get relegated. It's not really similar in any way to the past ten seasons.

Its another relegation battle and was from the off, the difference being this is the season you finally go down.

It's been coming for years. The only time I've enjoyed watching us, has been through the great escapes, when we've had something to cling onto.

This year, we are leaving it a bit late, but you never know. And yes, I have been drinking...
I think the strongest alcohol in the world couldn't cloud what we know is coming

I'm not proud of it but as soon as I heard Moyes was being appointed I layed a grand down on us to be relegated.
Well that's a surprise, not

I was reasonably happy although I knew there was always a possibility moyes was a dud given his failures after Everton. I knew this would happen on September 1st though.

it has become?
I was bitter at the FA for taking BSA still am thou I am sure Short & Bain would have made his life at Sunderland miserable & BSA would have walked. Never loved Moyes but thought his experience would steady the ship. Never liked our summer signings thou we where in trouble from the start yet Moyes big mouth made that obvious. I have changed my position to must be sacked. If Moyes continues I might go to paper supporting Sunderland until something is done...

How the hell did he do so well at Everton, or maybe if he hadn't been there manager, they might have won a few titles.
He is a plodder, Everton wouldn't have won titles while fergie was at Man U, Jose at Chelsea etc. Now they have decided to give him time I hope he gets it as if he has a bad start he will be in trouble and so will we

Its another relegation battle and was from the off, the difference being this is the season you finally go down.

You said is it much different, it's very different. We've never been this shit and we've never been relegated in the past ten years.

Wasn't convinced but it was more his personality (or lack of) than his coaching ability that worried me, once @shaun61 was raving about him I knew he was a bad appointment!

I had no intention of bottling or not bottling. I'm lots of things but a bottler isn't one of them.

Plenty on here saying well before Christmas he had to go. Ideal opportunity to get shot for nowt and have a chance. You're coming round to the bright side but must have known he was only here because Bain was backing him. If you didn't you haven't been paying attention. Freddo's won't solve everything.

I thought ok. Let's give this a go, a safe pair of hands for the long term. Never in a million years did I forsee this clusterfuck he's helped create.

Never ever expected him to be as bad as he has been. My expectations of safc were very low before Moyes just to the way the clubs been handled the last few years. I don't think I can ever remember looking forward to the end of a football season as much as I am now, completely sick of it, and not looking forward to transfer window opening and seeing what shite we bring in for next years mediocre season in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back