When he was appointed did anyone foresee the disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

When allardyce left during the Hartlepool preseason game and moyes name was being bandied about. I said to people in the pub moyes would make no difference as the problem is more deep seeded
I agree the problem at the club runs deeper than Moyes. But the self preserving wanker has hidden behind them from the day he walked through the door. Our squad is poor but it's not as bad as that **** would make us believe. He's the problem

Wasn't hugely convinced that he was the right appointment in the long term but I thought he would at least maintain the defensive solidity we had started to establish under Allardyce and have the team fighting for each other but he's been an unmitigated disaster. Only manager I've seen here who was worse than him is Wilkinson and even that starts to look more and more debatable by the week.

it has become?
Nah it was class winning down Rotherham then him coming on the pitch at the end giving it fist-pumps and all that. We all seemed to like him, everyone was buzzing and people were optimistic.
Even after the Man City game I had a sense of optimism, I mean why wouldn't I? Only defeated to (at the time) potential league winners by a last minute own goal. It was only when we got in the car and turned the radio on to hear Moyes say we were going to be in a relegation battle that a slight uncertainty about him began.

West Ham away was the game I realised we were goosed with this bloke
That felt like a relegation season moment. We'd shown nothing in the game against a crap West Ham team and I honestly couldn't see them scoring either. I left my seat and was walking down the steps when they scored. I just kept on walking.

Wasn't hugely convinced that he was the right appointment in the long term but I thought he would at least maintain the defensive solidity we had started to establish under Allardyce and have the team fighting for each other but he's been an unmitigated disaster. Only manager I've seen here who was worse than him is Wilkinson and even that starts to look more and more debatable by the week.
Wilkinson came into a losing team, this f***ing idiot came into a team which should have been flying. Only McMenemy and maybe Butcher for me rivals this useless twat

How the hell did he do so well at Everton, or maybe if he hadn't been there manager, they might have won a few titles.

I was willing to give him a chance. By about November I could see he was failing and wanted him gone. I'd say it's now gone to full on hatred from Xmas, I just want him out. Illness sacking resignation death whatever, I no longer want him in charge.

That felt like a relegation season moment. We'd shown nothing in the game against a crap West Ham team and I honestly couldn't see them scoring either. I left my seat and was walking down the steps when they scored. I just kept on walking.

Aye West Ham were really poor that day when they scored I didn't feel that gutted about losing the game more gutted about how bad we had become and the reality that our manager really didn't have a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back