When he was appointed did anyone foresee the disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was concerned due to his last 2 failings but thought it was an opportunity at redemption for him and was still feeling positive after looking like a decent team at the end of the last season. Thought he handled the kone situation pretty well but it quickly went downhill once the season kicked off. The players he's brought in demonstrate how completely out of touch he is.

I thought he'd build on bsas work last season. I thought he'd utilise his knowledge of the vast scouting systems of both Everton and Utd plus his stint in La Liga to unearth a few gems. I thought he'd be supported in this endeavour by an owner who seemed proud as punch to finally get his man. I thought we'd be a comfortable 10-14th.
I nivver thought he'd so fuckin miserable. So towel hoyed iny. So crap. So quick to distance himself from everything that's gone wrong. So humourless. So bullying. So inept in the transfer window.
If I still lived up there I'd be a ST holder and fuckin angry.
You lot deserve medals for putting up with safcs shite for so long tbh.

How the hell did he do so well at Everton, or maybe if he hadn't been there manager, they might have won a few titles.
He didn't. Everton are one of the 12 biggest clubs in the country. When others in that bracket are basket cases (SAFC, NUFC, villa, Leeds, Sheffield wed, ) are removed from the equation then he basically finished where they should've finished.

Don't think anyone could foresee things being this bad. I wasn't exactly over the moon with his appointment due to his recent failings but thought he was good enough to carry on where BSA left off. The bloke is finished and Short has truly fucked up giving him this long-term contract. Moyes should have been peddled months ago but hey we've got stability now.

I never saw this coming. Was bitterly disappointed that BSA left, felt he was the perfect fit for us (still do unfortunately, the brown envelope handling bent tw*t). However, I thought Moyes was a solid appointment, I also thought the noises from Short about finally getting his man meant he would have a little bit of cash to spend.

I started to worry when we didn't sign M'Vila, and I really started to worry at home against Palace when we were 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go and somehow conspired to lose it 2-3. He just seems a beaten man. I think we should give him the close season and a decent amount of time to start next season, but if we're languishing mid-table or lower come October-ish, then he needs to go.

There is clearly a lot wrong at our club, from the top down, but other managers have cobbled it together, if he doesn't look like getting us back up then his position will become untenable.

Gutted allardyce left but thought this bloke would be safe and unspectacular!

well he's been spectacular :(

Never liked him at Everton,thought he was always moaning ,blaming referees etc. but thought he would be a steady as you go appointment after Big Sam .
Fuck was I wrong:evil:

After Sam left and part of the perseason was wasted I felt Moyes would be a bit like slow start, but we would end up a soild bottom half team, after the 2nd game and all his talk, I still didnt worry it was going to go tits up, thought it was mind games with short and we would have a soild 14-12th place finish with a look at building on that next year, as time passed I went from he was trying it on with Short for funds to he is an unluckly sod and thats why he is acting that way to my god he has lost it big time and was everton just a fluke?

No point sacking him, I hope he walks ( doubt it ) but maybe he can have a second fluke? As i have no faith in what he is trying to do here and I dont think for one moment theres any plan and I feel he is pretty clueless, just reacting blindly.

* had a canny drink, sorry for spelling etc etc etc.

Losing Allardyce last minute, leaving Moyes with little time in the transfer window, combined with half of our defence trying to leave the club out of no where (once relegation is confirmed Kone needs booing to buggery) and a ridiculous injury list, our current plight is hardly surprising.

Not immediately, but I remember me and a couple of others were voicing concerns very, very early on - early Augustish

You said is it much different, it's very different. We've never been this shit and we've never been relegated in the past ten years.
I found the 19 and 15 point seasons much, much worse

Btw I have hardly ever criticised him, what is the point ? He is gonna be here until it us untenable.
We have a manager no one connects with. That is sad. We need a manager to connect with?
Moyes was a bad appointment.
No one connects with him.
You don't speak for ALL Sunderland fans.

I reckon he and the club are in year one of a multi-year project. (Well, I hope at least).

Last edited:
Probably been said already, but as soon as he came out with the "relegation battle" comment, after only two games, I knew we were doomed.

He even got that wrong. There's been no battle at all, more just a capitulation.

He was the usual 'best of a bad bunch' type appointment..it was apparent after a couple of weeks that it was going to go pear shaped..just wish i'd hoyed some money on at the bookies and at least made a few quid out of it.

Wasn't convinced but it was more his personality (or lack of) than his coaching ability that worried me, once @shaun61 was raving about him I knew he was a bad appointment!
:lol::lol:

I was cautiously optimistic. What a dick head I am. :lol:
I started a thread begging Short to appoint the useless dour kernt when BSA left ! Dont feel so bad mate !

Losing Allardyce last minute, leaving Moyes with little time in the transfer window, combined with half of our defence trying to leave the club out of no where (once relegation is confirmed Kone needs booing to buggery) and a ridiculous injury list, our current plight is hardly surprising.
The summer transfer dealings were poor and down to him.
Motivation, organisation and tactics are down to him too. He is king midas in reverse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back