When he was appointed did anyone foresee the disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought it was a gamble, he could do ok or he could fail like Man U and Sociedad. I'm a bit of an optimist so I hoped he would do well, I mean he inherited a team doing really well and only needed to replace a few players, it wasn't a hard task. I must admit even when I was worried he might fail I wasn't expecting this level of gross incompetence.

Yes, they are definitely the reason we are finishing bottom with an embarrassingly low points total.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Moyes.
Who's said that? Fwiw though it's definitely a bigger factor than just Moyes. If Watmore and Anichebe (I know he never has) had stayed fit then I'm pretty confident we wouldn't be in the relegation zone.

I know it's easy to blame Moyes but it's ridiculous to say injuries haven't played a part.

Did you take into account him signing dogshite like Gibson, Pienaar, Lescott, Love, Papy and Januzaj?
Well Lescott was an emergency CB so I'm happy with that signing.

Love was signed for the future.

Gibson has been shit.

Pienaar too.

Can't blame Moyes for attempting to get a tune out of Januzaj given how well he played under Moyes at Man U.

Papy has been a miss, but we'd been following him for a while so obviously the scouts were impressed with him.

At the end of the day this wasn't a one year job and as I was happy with the Moyes appointment, I'm not going to slate him too much now. Although I wouldn't be arsed if he resigned tomorrow.

As bad as its been hopefully this time next year we will say it's been one of the best and most entertaining seasons since Keane took us up. Imperative we get off to a decent start but its all going to depend on Short (again) as we may have little to no cash to spend which will make things incredibly difficult.....with the players left after the clear out I would say we need some major investment however I don't think Short will sanction it.....

I was delighted.

I thought he had a tough time at Man U following from SAF and then any manager working abroad who doesnt speak the language would find it difficult.

However, since he has been here it has been an absolute nightmare. His recruitment has been baffling - regardless of whether hes working with his hands tied or not, his team selection has been totally inconsistent - in line with no clear game plan.

Overall though his demeanor and attitude have sucked the life out of me. I absolutely loved having Roy Keane as our manager because he never once talked the club down. He may have been harsh on the players from time to time, but he thought the world of this place and had ambition to take the club as far as he could. Moyes has been the total opposite. Any early season optimism absolutely smashed to bits by talk of relegation fights. Even if he had that opinion he should have kept his mouth shut and got on with it.

Ill be over the f***ing moon when he leaves.

Who's said that? Fwiw though it's definitely a bigger factor than just Moyes. If Watmore and Anichebe (I know he never has) had stayed fit then I'm pretty confident we wouldn't be in the relegation zone.

I know it's easy to blame Moyes but it's ridiculous to say injuries haven't played a part.

He didnt have those in Jan then he pissed about, brought nobody in and sealed our fate.
Useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back