When he was appointed did anyone foresee the disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how bad he has been, I thought he was the perfect fit for us.

I work in Liverpool through the week, mainly with Everton fans, and every one of them (and the Liverpool fans as well tbh) also thought it was a really good appointment for us, that he'd be guaranteed to keep us up at least.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Now, I think that spell at Man Utd has just left him completely broken, and he is looking way past his sell by date.

Never foresaw this but I never foresaw that after Ellis Short had told us how long he had wanted him and finally got the man he really wanted that he couldn't supply him with the type of funds Mike Ashley supplied the mags because of previous poor decisions (at all levels).

With hindsight whoever came in would have struggled as if the players are giving their all, then it just isn't enough anyway.

I was catiuosly optimistic and wasn't expecting miracles but he's been an unmitigated disaster and cretinous in the process.

When ellis went on record as him being his managerial # 1 target for years, i definitely got skiddish... Mainly because ellis has been a horrid decision maker where putting people in charge is concerned... Started to fear moyes might be his worst decision yet...

Disappointed Tbh when he was appointed. I really hate him now and what he has done to the club with his pessimism and negativity.

it has become?

At the exact moment no. I wanted him. However, after a few month the performances and his stubornes showed everything. Also heard rumours of discontent behind the scenes. Probably why we never seem to come back or fight for fuck all. So I wanted him out well before Christmas.

Lots were crowing because we got a couple of lucky wins back to back. Bumping threads who were critical about Moyes. It was too early and the wins were lucky if we were honest. If we are totally straight, we have performed well in about 4 or 5 games out of the season. That is f***ing disgraceful.

After Sam left I thought we couldn't really do any better, seemed to make sense... Did good things at Preston and Everton. A manager who had relied on getting the most for his money at Everton and getting the most out of average players.

Thought it would work, was very wrong. Seemed just devoid of any flair, passion, energy since the start of the season.

It is on record, I suggested he was a busted flush.
Btw I have hardly ever criticised him, what is the point ? He is gonna be here until it us untenable.
We have a manager no one connects with. That is sad. We need a manager to connect with?
Moyes was a bad appointment.
No one connects with him.

Aye West Ham were really poor that day when they scored I didn't feel that gutted about losing the game more gutted about how bad we had become and the reality that our manager really didn't have a clue
I swore at Moyes, calling him a negative twat and the bloke in front turned round and glared at me. West Ham were there for the taking that day and we were bloody hopeless

I was concerned by his recent poor record but willing to give him a go based on his time at Everton. It was clear very early on that he was the wrong man. Very poor front of house, poor signings, negative comments, crap football. We've seen no improvement and he's done nor said anything to suggest he's the right man to lead us again next season.

He's been an absolute failure. There is no way this squad should be 12 points behind Hull. He's been a shambles.

The most cogent summary I've seen yet. Spot on mate.

:(.Shudder to think about the next 12 months..mcmenemy all over again .:cry:

At the exact moment no. I wanted him. However, after a few month the performances and his stubornes showed everything. Also heard rumours of discontent behind the scenes. Probably why we never seem to come back or fight for fuck all. So I wanted him out well before Christmas.

Lots were crowing because we got a couple of lucky wins back to back. Bumping threads who were critical about Moyes. It was too early and the wins were lucky if we were honest. If we are totally straight, we have performed well in about 4 or 5 games out of the season. That is f***ing disgraceful.

Leicester at home, Liverpool at home and Palace away are pretty much the only games where I think we genuinely played well across the full duration of the match.

I thought he'd do ok ,if nowt special but 10 games in and two points said it all ,should have been binned then , that opinion hasn't changed now ,think he'll be a disaster next season as well,! Nothing to look forward to while he's still here I reckon.

I was still a bit peeved off about BSA to be happy but I wasn't dissatisfied.

After about 10 games I had a deep forboding about him that has sadly come to pass. His negativity and the quality of his football was becoming very obviously inadequate.

I don't think anyone could have guessed how bad this has been

It's been coming for years. The only time I've enjoyed watching us, has been through the great escapes, when we've had something to cling onto.

This year, we are leaving it a bit late, but you never know. And yes, I have been drinking...

Its not like it was an unlikely result. Nae offence but the thread suggests you are the likes of Man Utd going and getting relegated. You have been in constant relegation battles for 10 years, if you expected anything else you were probably having false hope. Yes Moyes has been utterly shit, but really has this year been much different to the others? It feels worse as Moyes is negative and you have had injuries thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back