Stick or twist..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Coleman should be given the chance once (if) we've managed to clear the decks of all the rubbish.

Mind it's got to the point now where it wouldn't really disappoint me if he was sacked / walked either. He's got very little to work with but he's done nothing at all with what he has got.

For a career defender you would have thought he would have been capable of improving the defence.

This is what concerns me. "On paper" we have defenders with international / PL experience defending like 9 year olds - it's either a deliberate ploy on their part or a serious deficiency on the training ground. I don't accept the "he's got nothing to work with" argument - we have a squad with about 18 internationals for fuck sake !

Reactions: WHD

How many League 1 clubs spent £5m on new players this season? (I have no idea, I'm just asking.) We will spend something next year, I just don't expect it to be that much.

It'll be close to nothing. I don't think any League 1 clubs spent big this season but the top few have well organised teams. We'll start next season with a collection of nothing plus a couple of half decent kids.

Houdini couldn't get us out of this mess.

The club is demoralised from top to bottom because of Ellis short.

40% pay cut for some and the rest looking at Rodwell on 70 k a week for doing fuck all.

There's absolutely no coherence between the players.

Gibson drink driving ffs. In the afternoon.

There's no point now. We're down.

Part of me hopes Coleman walks at end of season. Don't think Short/Bain will sack him.

I'd get rid of Coleman in the summer and bring Sol Campbell in. He talks a good game and has plenty of confidence in himself and apart from that his first name spells out the initils of the Stadium of Light which I think is a nice touch.

I'd get rid of Coleman in the summer and bring Sol Campbell in. He talks a good game and has plenty of confidence in himself and apart from that his first name spells out the initils of the Stadium of Light which I think is a nice touch.

SoL was a shit name anyway so your argument is fundamentally flawed.

We were in exactly the same position when Royston took over...bottom of the Championship.

Difference being, it's near the end of the season now and we don't have a pot to piss in. I'd stick personally. I just can't think of anyone that would be stupid enough to come here.

Option 1 stick but it'll be in his hands.

I'm currently baffled by his team selection, lack of tactics and subs. His signings have been shite .

I'm going to give him til October / November and if we no further forward either mid table in championship should we stay up or top end league one peddle him.

Difference being, it's near the end of the season now and we don't have a pot to piss in. I'd stick personally. I just can't think of anyone that would be stupid enough to come here.

I’m talking about next season not this one mate...pointless changing him at this moment in time.

:lol:...you’re hating this season though mate...especially the bit since CC took over.
Doesn't mean I think Coleman is the problem. No one surely can argue that 11 manager's in 11 years hasnt been a major contributing factor in the current malaise we find ourselves in. I'd like to stick with a manager once to try and sort out the mess and start rebuilding.

No idea anymore we seemed to have tryed every different type of manager
I think you are absolutely correct and yet some want to just keep the same old pattern of peddling manager after manager. Its now called 'doing a Sunderland' - I'm not even joking, that's what the media calls the short term peddling of managers now.

Last edited:
I'd love us to twist now, this week, today, just to try and give us some kind of lift and a slim chance of pulling an escape off. Sadly the bell end running the club and the dodo he's appointed were already resigned to League 1 back in November.

If Short was still interested he'd have moved by now. Perhaps any form of protest should have been aimed at him taking some responsibility and sorting this mess out instead of allowing him to play Nero to our Rome.

Doesn't mean I think Coleman is the problem. No one surely can argue that 11 manager's in 11 years hasnt been a major contributing factor in the current malaise we find ourselves in. I'd like to stick with a manager once to try and sort out the mess and start rebuilding.

Southampton have had exactly the same amount over that time frame and rose from L1 to the PL in the process. They’ve also consistently finished higher than us and spent more on players.

Southampton have had exactly the same amount over that time frame and rose from L1 to the PL in the process. They’ve also consistently finished higher than us and spent more on players.
It hasn't worked for us though has it - quote any stats you want we've have experienced a steady decline, at best relegation battles and £140M worth of debt. I'm talking about Sunderland not any other club and I'm damn sure any objective analysis of the reasons for us being in this horrendous mess would suggest that the turnover of managers has been a major contributing factor in our mess. Kid yourself if you want though.

Option 1 stick but it'll be in his hands.

I'm currently baffled by his team selection, lack of tactics and subs. His signings have been shite .

I'm going to give him til October / November and if we no further forward either mid table in championship should we stay up or top end league one peddle him.
This for me too. I think he's needs a complete clear out, my worry is who he's going to bring in.

Theee choices for you..

1. Stick with Coleman
2. Replace him with someone experienced used to the lower leagues and small budgets.
3. Try to replicate the “Keane effect” with a high profile ex-player looking for his first job in management.

Option 3 for me.
Easter 2014
Thrashed 5-1 by Spurs, 1 point from 24 and hadn't won since February 1st.
Haaawwwaaayy

I like Coleman as a bloke and admire him for taking the job in the first place. He must have been mad. I said at the time if he’d waited a week or two he would have probably been offered the Swansea job.
All that said he’s taken us backwards at a rate of knots this year.
He had no money to spend but he had a terrible transfer window and I’m not sure he will cut it next year.
I’d go for 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back