Stick or twist..

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need someone like Bolton's manager, who was able to get them out of league 1 at the first attempt, despite a transfer embargo (that means he wasn't even able to sign players on loan like Coleman - the real meaning of unmanageable ).

BTW, I don't know who that will be, but I don't think it's Coleman

You're chatting shit again. Bolton did sign players in league 1, free agents and loans.

So you want Coleman gone but only suggestion is a manager similar to Phil Parkinson? :lol:

Just as those who said stick with Moyes found the door slam in their face, I doubt Coleman will be here next season. The club will have him on good wages, he'll offer to walk away and the saving will look attractive enough to the club's hierachy to accept. We will appoint someone who has done well in league 2 but few of us have heard of -and is competent at that level for sure, yet will be a huge gamble because its a level above and he will be asked to figure out how to stop the titanic from steering towards one iceberg after another.

It's up to the manager to sort that out, that's why I don't agree the club us unmanageable, but I agree with you that it isn't an attractive job.

I'm not denying that Short is ultimately responsible for the position we find ourselves in, but that doesn't mean any manager from now on is destined to fail, or should I say, powerless to halt our slide into the national league.

You're right IF the manager is given the autonomy. That's what Short, Byrne and now Bain have taken out of control of the managers in recent times.

It's up to the manager to sort that out, that's why I don't agree the club us unmanageable, but I agree with you that it isn't an attractive job.

I'm not denying that Short is ultimately responsible for the position we find ourselves in, but that doesn't mean any manager from now on is destined to fail, or should I say, powerless to halt our slide into the national league.
Disagree with that. Recruitment and scouting should go beyond the manager. We should have a proper recruitment strategy in place which isnt dictated by who the manager is.

Allowing managers to bring their own players in, then 'sacking' the manager, only for his replacement to want his own players is one of the reasons we find ourselves in the mess we do.

You're chatting shit again. Bolton did sign players in league 1, free agents and loans.

So you want Coleman gone but only suggestion is a manager similar to Phil Parkinson? :lol:
As far as I can see, they had a squad of 22 players an were restricted to a one out, one in policy. Even if they were free to sign free agents and loans it just proves my point that a club in that situation, as we are, isn't unmanageable.

To be fair there are far worse groups of defenders in the Championship. This is my main criticism of Coleman...he’s got absolutely zero out of the senior pros. We can argue the point all day about pride and self motivation but at most clubs it stems from leadership by the manager.

Disagree.

O’shea is finished. Kone unmotivated. Jones a mistake waiting to happen every game. JCS, Browning, Galloway all kids on loan. Love has shown nothing and Matthews was also very poor at Bristol City.

Add in the keepers and lack of steel in the midfield and it’s no wonder we’re struggling. We concede POOR goals every match down to individual errors.

We’ve a squad of inconsistent, unmotivated, “not good enough” or kids. Or a combo of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back