Stick or twist..

Status
Not open for further replies.
stick with Coleman.

He isn't the problem. The owner is and so are the older players.

We wont have much left player wise when we go down. Loanees and players out of contract leaving will fuck us up further.

New owners willing to invest will dig us out of the shit. But its a long long shot

Stick

People are seriously deluded if they think another manager will do better. When will our fans realise we won't improve whilst Short is still here?

I don't buy the "We won't get any better" look at how the likes of Chris Wilder and Neil Harris have done, there one or two more down there doing well too. The problem is we don't have the acumen in the boardroom to find a coach like that.

The problem is our owner is a cunt and no manager has a chance with us.

Stick

People are seriously deluded if they think another manager will do better. When will our fans realise we won't improve whilst Short is still here?

The problem is our owner is a cunt and no manager has a chance with us.
Short isn't here. He's in America. Has been for months.

Am struggling to pin our inept formations and tactics on him. Nor the post match blather which is turning fans off at a rate of knots. I dont suppose Ellis is insisting we play Lee Cattermole in front of a 5 man defence or loading the bench with attackers only to not use them when we're 2 goals down.

We all just need to forget Short exists. He's forgotten his club exists. He isn't influencing a single damn thing so focusing on the pair who are f***ing it up right now is less waste of energy.

I question the need for a £1m a year manager when

a) it's clearly made no difference to having a 200k a year manager in the current circumstances the club is in.
b) when there is no money, no matter who manager is, it is going to to be the some pool of shite available.
c) in league 1 the name of SAFC itself will probably be enough to attract players ahead of most league 1 teams and it doesn't need a name.
d) does our current manager know anything about league 1?
e) I said same about Moyes last year, he will be as mentally destroyed by the relegation as the players. Is he up for it?
f) although recognising it is not all Colemans fault by any means, I am still dissapointed that he hasn't got us better organized that we are. Jones, love, Oviedo, Matthews, O'Shea, Kone, etc should be players that can be drilled and drilled and drilled into something in this league.

On the other side, if you are happy to pay £1m a year to a league 1 manager when flat broke, the advantages of keeping him are:-

A) some continuity for once
B) knows which of current squad are trustworthy and which are cowardly lying wankers. A new manager will only be fooled again.
C) We would likely have to pay him off.
D) He was brave to take it and 100% credit to him for that.

Either way it's up to Bain and Coleman.

Last edited:
Short isn't here. He's in America. Has been for months.

Am struggling to pin our inept formations and tactics on him. Nor the post match blather which is turning fans off at a rate of knots. I dont suppose Ellis is insisting we play Lee Cattermole in front of a 5 man defence or loading the bench with attackers only to not use them when we're 2 goals down.

We all just need to forget Short exists. He's forgotten his club exists. He isn't influencing a single damn thing so focusing on the pair who are f***ing it up right now is less waste of energy.

So you think the manager is the problem at the club?

We were in exactly the same position when Royston took over...bottom of the Championship.

Don't be daft. That was after a handful of games.

The real position we were in was having new owners ... a consortium keen to back Royston with massive funds by championship standards of 12 years ago.

Any new manager here will have sixpence and two buttons to buy a team with.

There's a 4th option imo, ask him now if he intends to stay. We can't have him packing in on his terms come mid May. It will mean another summer scratching around looking for someone prepared to do the job.
Didn’t he recently say he was staying no matter what marra ? I’m sure I read it somewhere during the last 10 days or so.

Didn’t he recently say he was staying no matter what marra ? I’m sure I read it somewhere during the last 10 days or so.
He said he would need to sit down with any new owner and see if there's a creditable plan. I reckon he covered his back by saying that. I'm sure Moyes was saying similar before walking.

I think Coleman should be given the chance once (if) we've managed to clear the decks of all the rubbish.

Mind it's got to the point now where it wouldn't really disappoint me if he was sacked / walked either. He's got very little to work with but he's done nothing at all with what he has got.

For a career defender you would have thought he would have been capable of improving the defence.

Theee choices for you..

1. Stick with Coleman
2. Replace him with someone experienced used to the lower leagues and small budgets.
3. Try to replicate the “Keane effect” with a high profile ex-player looking for his first job in management.

Option 3 for me.
Stick you clownshoe.

Theee choices for you..

1. Stick with Coleman
2. Replace him with someone experienced used to the lower leagues and small budgets.
3. Try to replicate the “Keane effect” with a high profile ex-player looking for his first job in management.

Option 3 for me.
3. aye, a Clatts/Pies Dream Team. f***ing hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back