Stick or twist..

Bolton are partly fan owned (I think?) so whilst they don't have a lot of money at least they have a board who want them to be successful.

Honestly there is no club in the division more unmanageable than us atm, I'd even say Short is the worst owner in the football league, cannot think of any worse? Oystons at Blackpool maybe?
So we are doing shit purely because Short doesn't want us to do well. What is he doing? Willing us to fail? Has he got some sort of mystic power?

Give me one reason how Short has made us unmanageable, if as you seem to think, it isn't down to lack of transfer funds, which many managers have to do without as well.

So we are doing shit purely because Short doesn't want us to do well. What is he doing? Willing us to fail? Has he got some sort of mystic power?

Give me one reason how Short has made us unmanageable, if as you seem to think, it isn't down to lack of transfer funds, which many managers have to do without as well.

Yes - our current position is down to Ellis Short.

We are unmanageable because we have an owner with no interest, £140m of debt (thanks to Short), a load of arseholes posing as professional footballers.

Good afternoon all, go easy as this is my first post.

I'd go option three, with an ex- player that has done well for us. Someone who can connect with the support, someone who understands what it means to have that connection on board. However, under the current regime I can't see anything positive that can be done.
Cheers.

Good afternoon all, go easy as this is my first post.

I'd go option three, with an ex- player that has done well for us. Someone who can connect with the support, someone who understands what it means to have that connection on board. However, under the current regime I can't see anything positive that can be done.
Cheers.

Which ex-player is that then?

Yes - our current position is down to Ellis Short.

We are unmanageable because we have an owner with no interest, £140m of debt (thanks to Short), a load of arseholes posing as professional footballers.
The consequence of the debt is there is no transfer cash. Plenty clubs manage on small to non existent transfer budgets.

How does the owner having no interest make us more unmanageable in addition to the lack of transfer cash?

The players are an issue the manager has to deal with and are a consequence of the budget and also the managers decision to bring them in.

So I'll ask again. Apart from Short stopping the flow of transfer cash, what else has he done to make us unmanageable?

Can I add a fourth option?, get in a manager who would have the balls to drop cattermole and o shea and be lively on the pitch, someone like Reidy.

Yep. What could possibly go wrong !! :lol::lol::lol:

A drunk in charge after the Gibson fiasco and Cattermole's well documented drink problems

Jeez man. This is going to take some time. He has been such a flawless owner.
Go on then, I'm all ears.

There's no doubt the conditions the club is currently under make the managers job difficult, but "unmanageable". That is just being ridiculous.

The transfer cash has been stopped, but plenty clubs have little to no transfer budget, so I don't see how we are unmanageable and they aren't.

So if you can give me a reason why Short has made us unmanageable, other than stopping spending, I'd love to know what is it. And just saying "because of Short" isn't a suitable answer.

Stick with Coleman

Poor bloke has Steele or Camp to choose from

And has to try and make a defence out of O’Shea, Kone, JCS, Browning, Galloway, Jones, Matthews, Love and Oviedo :lol:

Go on then, I'm all ears.

There's no doubt the conditions the club is currently under make the managers job difficult, but "unmanageable". That is just being ridiculous.

The transfer cash has been stopped, but plenty clubs have little to no transfer budget, so I don't see how we are unmanageable and they aren't.

So if you can give me a reason why Short has made us unmanageable, other than stopping spending, I'd love to know what is it. And just saying "because of Short" isn't a suitable answer.

Ultimately it is "because of Short" he has overseen a complete overhaul of our player recruitment on more than one occasion since taking ownership and this is reflected today in our inability to sign anyone remotely decent in any way, shape or form. It started with Di Fanti and then Congerton and has never been sorted out.

I'm realistic and agree that budget isn't everything, but it is clear from the signings we've made the issues run deeper, where is our scouting network? Where are the players going to come from, we've far to many loan players. The club isn't unmanageable, but it is definitely an unattractive job!

Ultimately it is "because of Short" he has overseen a complete overhaul of our player recruitment on more than one occasion since taking ownership and this is reflected today in our inability to sign anyone remotely decent in any way, shape or form. It started with Di Fanti and then Congerton and has never been sorted out.

I'm realistic and agree that budget isn't everything, but it is clear from the signings we've made the issues run deeper, where is our scouting network? Where are the players going to come from, we've far to many loan players. The club isn't unmanageable, but it is definitely an unattractive job!
Coleman, Grayson and many others have all stated it is far from an unattractive job even in the current plight.

It's up to the manager to sort that out, that's why I don't agree the club us unmanageable, but I agree with you that it isn't an attractive job.

I'm not denying that Short is ultimately responsible for the position we find ourselves in, but that doesn't mean any manager from now on is destined to fail, or should I say, powerless to halt our slide into the national league.

The consequence of the debt is there is no transfer cash. Plenty clubs manage on small to non existent transfer budgets.

How does the owner having no interest make us more unmanageable in addition to the lack of transfer cash?

The players are an issue the manager has to deal with and are a consequence of the budget and also the managers decision to bring them in.

So I'll ask again. Apart from Short stopping the flow of transfer cash, what else has he done to make us unmanageable?

No point even debating with you like, you don't get it. You are clearly more of an Ellis Short supporter than a Sunderland AFC supporter.

You say about manager choosing to bring players in. What choices did Coleman have? He literally had no choice just had to get what he was given from other clubs, unfair to slag off his signings because, as shite as they all have been, he really didn't have much choice in signing them.

I've already said how we are unmanageable and that is all down to the cunt Short.

Out of interest, do you want Coleman sacked? If so who should replace him and please explain why he will do better?

It's up to the manager to sort that out, that's why I don't agree the club us unmanageable, but I agree with you that it isn't an attractive job.

I'm not denying that Short is ultimately responsible for the position we find ourselves in, but that doesn't mean any manager from now on is destined to fail, or should I say, powerless to halt our slide into the national league.

FFS :lol::lol:

You honestly think Coleman choose to sign 4 loan players in January?

You probably think Short had a deal for Messi in place but Coleman turned him down to loan Ashley Fletcher :neutral:

Someone like Super Kev, I would even give McCoist a crack of the whip, somebody who can connect the support back to the players. Everything is just so disjointed at present.

McCoist was shite with Rangers and has done nout since then. No way will he connect the support back to the players.

Last edited:
No point even debating with you like, you don't get it. You are clearly more of an Ellis Short supporter than a Sunderland AFC supporter.

You say about manager choosing to bring players in. What choices did Coleman have? He literally had no choice just had to get what he was given from other clubs, unfair to slag off his signings because, as shite as they all have been, he really didn't have much choice in signing them.

I've already said how we are unmanageable and that is all down to the cunt Short.

Out of interest, do you want Coleman sacked? If so who should replace him and please explain why he will do better?

You probably think Short had a deal for Messi in place but Coleman turned him down to loan Ashley Fletcher :neutral:

McCoist was shite with Rangers and has done nout since then. No way will he connect the support back to the players.
He probably couldn't do much worse than the last few. However, purely hypothetical as the change has to be made right at the very top.

:rolleyes:

Saying we aren't "unmanageable" isn't supporting Short. But I suppose that's the stance the rabid Short out fans take. If you don't blame him for everything from England losing to Iceland, Johnson getting involved with a 15 year old and Gibson crashing his car, then you "support" him.

As I've said, plenty of other clubs manage on little to no budget. It's up to the manager to search out the best players available on loan or free transfers.

I've already said how we are unmanageable and that is all down to the cunt Short
You haven't. You just keep saying "it's down to Short". There's no substance to what you are saying.

I hope he walks, as we can't really afford the payoff. Coleman has already demonstrated he can't work in the restraints he's under, and besides, if we are unmanageable, then it doesn't matter who is the manager, does it?

He chose to sign Fletcher even though he's worse than what we have already got. I could have just about accepted that if he was signed for backup, but then he insists on starting him every game (well he did until Saturday).

We are currently difficult to manage, and that requires someone who can wheel and deal. We aren't "unmanageable". If we are, then I see no point in employing a manager.

Stick with Coleman

Poor bloke has Steele or Camp to choose from

And has to try and make a defence out of O’Shea, Kone, JCS, Browning, Galloway, Jones, Matthews, Love and Oviedo :lol:

To be fair there are far worse groups of defenders in the Championship. This is my main criticism of Coleman...he’s got absolutely zero out of the senior pros. We can argue the point all day about pride and self motivation but at most clubs it stems from leadership by the manager.

:rolleyes:

Saying we aren't "unmanageable" isn't supporting Short. But I suppose that's the stance the rabid Short out fans take. If you don't blame him for everything from England losing to Iceland, Johnson getting involved with a 15 year old and Gibson crashing his car, then you "support" him.

As I've said, plenty of other clubs manage on little to no budget. It's up to the manager to search out the best players available on loan or free transfers.

You haven't. You just keep saying "it's down to Short". There's no substance to what you are saying.

I hope he walks, as we can't really afford the payoff. Coleman has already demonstrated he can't work in the restraints he's under, and besides, if we are unmanageable, then it doesn't matter who is the manager, does it?

He chose to sign Fletcher even though he's worse than what we have already got. I could have just about accepted that if he was signed for backup, but then he insists on starting him every game (well he did until Saturday).

We are currently difficult to manage, and that requires someone who can wheel and deal. We aren't "unmanageable". If we are, then I see no point in employing a manager.

We are unmanageable because we have an owner with no interest and £140m of debt. Why do you keep mentioning England losing to Iceland?

Ok so you want another manager gone. Who do you want as manager then? Who (under Ellis Short's fantastic leadership) is going to turn us round and take us forward?

He choose to sign Fletcher because there was no other options as we'd left it so late. It was Fletcher or nobody. Fwiw I agree Fletcher is wank and shouldn't be starting obviously.

To be fair there are far worse groups of defenders in the Championship. This is my main criticism of Coleman...he’s got absolutely zero out of the senior pros. We can argue the point all day about pride and self motivation but at most clubs it stems from leadership by the manager.

Our 'senior pros' have been poor for different managers.

Ok so you want another manager gone. Who do you want as manager then? Who (under Ellis Short's fantastic leadership) is going to turn us round and take us forward?
We need someone like Bolton's manager, who was able to get them out of league 1 at the first attempt, despite a transfer embargo (that means he wasn't even able to sign players on loan like Coleman - the real meaning of unmanageable ).

BTW, I don't know who that will be, but I don't think it's Coleman

Back