Pros for buying SAFC vs NUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the following
  • Better ground (we'll never agree on this)
  • Little doubt you could buy the Championship with too much trouble (Aston Villa spent £75m last season and still failed)
  • Fanbase. Your gate revenue (going by recent published figures) would still be significantly lower than ours even if you did sell out
  • Sunderland are not primed for a revolution at all, you are bogged down by a number of unsellable assets on long-term contracts and have a manager in place that seems to be woefully underqualified for a promotion push. Newcastle on the other hand are already in the Premier League and have a young squad led by a credible manager.
What price do you think you would be able to buy Sunderland for? How much would you need to get promotion? Would you trust Simon Grayson with that level of funding to get you there?

As for your last statement, 'Fat Mike' has turned a profit a good few times, even when we were relegated. Sunderland on the other hand have made around over £100m in losses in the last 10 years.

There's just so much nonsense in your post, man. And we're supposed to be the deluded ones.

That's up for debate frankly. It's likely that Khazri, Lens, Borini and Djilibodji will clear off this summer. In the squad at the minute, we only really have Rodwell, and his contract is up at the end of next season. I can't really think of anyone in the squad on a long contract who would be unsellable really.

Newcastle have made losses on just about every player they've sold this Summer and most of those were signed within the last three years. And you still have Colback, Mitrovic, Saivet, Haidara and Sels, who are either leaving for nothing or for small fees. That's going to be a lot of players who you're making a loss on. We're shite obviously, but squad is not in good shape either.

St James is a far better ground.
Is it. Sunderlands is an excellently built ground as its a new modern build. The base was built nine feet below surface which makes all areas more easily accessible as you come into the ground at concourse level. You have a good view wherever you sit.Had seats at Newcastle at Euro 96 at a couple of rows back from the front opposite the main stand and it was very poor viewing also the away end you have to climb up god knows how many flights of stairs. Obviously it's an old ground which has no reflection on the club. Not having a pop was just surprised at your comment.

class - that's the one. I heard him say this as well. He used to drink in Newcastle Riverside on a Monday night with that Welsh fucker, Bellamy. Both weren't bothered we were mackems. Bellamy was sound actually but commented on the noise at the SOL, said it makes you want to shrink. No link.

Interesting.

Was a regular at the Riverside myself, and it closed 2 years before Bellamy joined Newcastle.

I'm still waiting to see which Derby defeat it was at the Stadium of Light where Kieron Dyer thought the atmosphere was better tbh.
It was in the 2-2 draw when Phillips scored twice, we came back from 2-0 down.

It's something I'm happy to hear tbh, I have always considered that the mags have a slightly elevated reputation compared to us outside of the region. I take that mainly from them breaking the transfer record, champions league, having ballon d'or considered players and large reputation continental players, and comically enough it always seems to be Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and the Mags that are represented in the cheapo knock off shirt stalls on holiday :lol: When I meet football fans from around the world and I tell them I support safc I usually get 'the one near newcastle' which is irritating, and I remember seeing a Mag pin badge on sale outside the olympistadion in Berlin when I went to a few bundesliga games. Nice to know the past decade has taken its toll on their reputation.

I perform top class market research as you can tell

NUFC have a higher media profile due to almost winning something in living memory and the 92 hype yes, but it´s more or less the difference between say WBA and Wolves if we talk fundamentals.

Given we were heavily into the ridiculous Kirkby scheme at this time there's no chance this is correct.
I didnt say it was correct I said it was exactly what Ellis Short said - whether you know better than him or whether he was just outright lying is open to conjecture.

Is it. Sunderlands is an excellently built ground as its a new modern build. The base was built nine feet below surface which makes all areas more easily accessible as you come into the ground at concourse level. You have a good view wherever you sit.Had seats at Newcastle at Euro 96 at a couple of rows back from the front opposite the main stand and it was very poor viewing also the away end you have to climb up god knows how many flights of stairs. Obviously it's an old ground which has no reflection on the club. Not having a pop was just surprised at your comment.

That part of the ground you refer to was renovated at the same time as Level 7 and those flights of stairs was built iirc. Might have been earlier.

That part of the ground you refer to was renovated at the same time as Level 7 and those flights of stairs was built iirc. Might have been earlier.
Didn't know that Sima. As I said wasn't having a pop at the poster was just surprised as SOL is a fairly new modern built stadium and about one of the very few things we have got right as a club. But I happen to think it's a cracking built stadium from top to bottom.

This crack is getting even more tiresome than the much-vaunted airport shite that we are supposed to spout.

Ferguson-type dynasty.

f***ing creased :lol: If he'd got anywhere near what he achieved Man Utd would have poached him when they saw fit.

Of course we can sell more tops and of course we can get more exposure. You just have to look how our commercial revenue has massively stagnated compared to where we were ten years ago due to Ashley prioritising Sports Direct branding above any potential external investment.

Again, we're the deluded ones.
Well what do you expect ...? Last time I checked this was still a Sunderland message board. Or have the unwashed heathens become the majority? Wouldn't surprise me in the least. :lol:

I don't keep links to everything ever said by all players, sorry. Kieren Dyer and a few others said it -

I try my hardest these days to stay out of these cyril debates, however...

Claiming SAFC are a better proposition because allegedly Kieran Dyer said your atmosphere is better is probably the daftest thing I've ever read on here.

We have a better ground, state of the art training facility which is all paid for. We will be cheaper by around £200 million and have similar levels of debt.

They have a better squad, they have £100 million a year TV money but there is little doubt that if somebody wanted to "buy" the Championship then it could be done with SAFC without too much trouble. You would end up with a Premier league football club for a smaller investment than buying the mags.

In terms of fanbase both are similar and any threat of success and both stadiums would be sold out each week.

Depends what you want I guess....Sunderland is primed and ready for a revolution and for somebody to make themselves an absolute legend as an owner.....Newcastle is on a hiding to nothing unless you have the really big money to throw at it like the Arabs as massive spending in the Prem will buy you mid table these days.
We have s better ground? Fuck off man!!!

Nope I’m not joking. I’ve been to both very recently and our ground looks shambolic next to theirs inside and out these days.

Ours is a nicer, better designed and better looking stadium. The issue is a temporary one caused by an owner who will not spend on basic decor such as seats and painting the outside.....The hotch potch is not a nice stadium, like so many built years ago it is a victim of its location and inability to properly expand....Now if it had 4 sides like the two big stands I would concede that it was a cracking stadium, as sit stands it just looks daft.

I seem to recall you being okay, but now you've become very boring.

Was just thinking this, always liked his posts, getting a bit bitter since they got promoted lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back