Pros for buying SAFC vs NUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know if we will be much cheaper tbh. Short wants 57m and the debt is around 100m. Fat Mike said he would take instalments so we probably cost the same in the short term. Adding to that whatever is needed to be injected into running costs, wasn't it 20m per season Short was covering ?

Owning the stadium doesn't matter at all unless new owners were seeking to liquidate the club, plus the SoL will only be worth about 8m which is a meaningless amount in football.

If new owners wanted to raise their profile then they would need to invest 150m in playing staff too. Whereas the mags are already slightly more comercially successful than us and have a larger global reputation from the off.

What we do offer is the potential for a completely fresh start and for an owner to build the club in their vision, I can't see the mags going for that one with the whole geordie nation identity they have going on. Also the training ground offers huge potential to build us up using a European model over the long term.

We are pretty different clubs and businesses at the end of the day and I don't suspect that we will be attracting the same interested parties. Hopefully a local businessman who is a fan is interested in the mags and their fans pressure the deal to go through so they are skint for the long term.

:lol:

Thank you. I still go back to my previous point in what would he know about the atmosphere 1992-97 mind.

That article is random as fuck btw, starts off lamenting Simon Grayson then chimes back to a derby game 17 years ago.
yeah you 2 can get back to it now.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Light-atmosphere-Championship-relegation-zone

not wanting to get involved but guess it was this @Sima

good old daily star :oops:

that article says a lot of things people on here are trying to say to be fair. Even Bobby Robson has seen this place rocking and its a shock to the system.

:lol:

Thank you. I still go back to my previous point in what would he know about the atmosphere 1992-97 mind.

That article is random as fuck btw, starts off lamenting Simon Grayson then chimes back to a derby game 17 years ago.

It is just a link - you wanted one. Case closed. Anyway - back to who is the best buy - an argument we are losing.

That is true. Hoever I would take Leeds over BUFC anyway if we want to talk cities. In fact Bristol City even more. 5th biggest city in UK.

Not Bristol. It's not a football city in any sense of the word - rugby is more important here. There's no development potential at Ashton Gate, and the club's effort to build a new stadium on the outskirts of the city got shot down in flame by nimbies. The city's the right size, but it's not the right city.

We can only hope that the new owner of NUFC change the name of the ground to fuck them off from the start.The Jaffa Cake Stad.

The King of The Digestive isn't interested apparently.

I preferred the biscuit barrel personally.

I don't even know if we will be much cheaper tbh. Short wants 57m and the debt is around 100m. Fat Mike said he would take instalments so we probably cost the same in the short term. Adding to that whatever is needed to be injected into running costs, wasn't it 20m per season Short was covering ?

Owning the stadium doesn't matter at all unless new owners were seeking to liquidate the club, plus the SoL will only be worth about 8m which is a meaningless amount in football.

If new owners wanted to raise their profile then they would need to invest 150m in playing staff too. Whereas the mags are already slightly more comercially successful than us and have a larger global reputation from the off.

What we do offer is the potential for a completely fresh start and for an owner to build the club in their vision, I can't see the mags going for that one with the whole geordie nation identity they have going on. Also the training ground offers huge potential to build us up using a European model over the long term.

We are pretty different clubs and businesses at the end of the day and I don't suspect that we will be attracting the same interested parties. Hopefully a local businessman who is a fan is interested in the mags and their fans pressure the deal to go through so they are skint for the long term.

The SoL and AoL are jointly valued (independently) as investment properties, and are on the books at £115m. Even the land it's on will be worth more than £8m. If you buy the club by buying Drumaville the internal debt can be excluded. Maximum debt is £70m.

Not Bristol. It's not a football city in any sense of the word - rugby is more important here. There's no development potential at Ashton Gate, and the club's effort to build a new stadium on the outskirts of the city got shot down in flame by nimbies. The city's the right size, but it's not the right city.
I don't know like. I reckon they could pull 40k if they had the chance to build a new stadium. Big catchment area. Who else? Villa? When you really look at it NUFC seem a good option. Bastards.

Apparently Short had the choice of Sunderland, Newcastle and Everton when he bought us. He said Everton's assets were shabby but he wished he'd bought Newcastle - true story apparently. So, if we can find a buyer soon, it would free up Short to buy Newcastle - win-win.

Given we were heavily into the ridiculous Kirkby scheme at this time there's no chance this is correct.

it might be an unpopular outside view but to me and many others there ain´t much fundamental differences between NUFC and SAFC.. Yeah, positions in the league and such, managers, owners etc but those are more or less temporary.

The SoL and AoL are jointly valued (independently) as investment properties, and are on the books at £115m. Even the land it's on will be worth more than £8m. If you buy the club by buying Drumaville the internal debt can be excluded. Maximum debt is £70m.
There was a big stink when permission was given to build the AOL.A little research from any potential buyer of SAFC would realise that any plans to build houses there and move to another training ground would be extremely difficult.

Very interesting regarding the assets, I suppose I was just going off how much the stadium cost to build and then the seemingly backwards slide the area in general has taken over the last 20 years limiting value growth. Nice to know ! I did take into account the Drumaville situation and crudely rounded the external debt to 100m whilst actually believing it to have last been published as around 85 or so ?

it might be an unpopular outside view but to me and many others there ain´t much fundamental differences between NUFC and SAFC.. Yeah, positions in the league and such, managers, owners etc but those are more or less temporary.
It's mainly just the smell mate.

Unlike Manchester .

It's something I'm happy to hear tbh, I have always considered that the mags have a slightly elevated reputation compared to us outside of the region. I take that mainly from them breaking the transfer record, champions league, having ballon d'or considered players and large reputation continental players, and comically enough it always seems to be Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and the Mags that are represented in the cheapo knock off shirt stalls on holiday :lol: When I meet football fans from around the world and I tell them I support safc I usually get 'the one near newcastle' which is irritating, and I remember seeing a Mag pin badge on sale outside the olympistadion in Berlin when I went to a few bundesliga games. Nice to know the past decade has taken its toll on their reputation.

I perform top class market research as you can tell

I don't know like. I reckon they could pull 40k if they had the chance to build a new stadium. Big catchment area. Who else? Villa? When you really look at it NUFC seem a good option. Bastards.

The catchment area is half of the city. North of the river is strictly Rovers territory. The plan in Ashton Vale (about 2 miles from the current ground) was for a 30,000 capacity stadium, which was to have been expanded to 42,000 in the event of a successful England World Cup bid. They spent a fortune on abortive planning costs, but had to fall back on redeveloping Ashton Gate when some local residents successful claimed that the scrubland it was going to be built on qualified as a town green, because of few people had been walking dogs there for years.

A more realistic candidate cold be Leeds. No real local competition, and Elland Road looks like it could be expanded fairly easily.

Very interesting regarding the assets, I suppose I was just going off how much the stadium cost to build and then the seemingly backwards slide the area in general has taken over the last 20 years limiting value growth. Nice to know ! I did take into account the Drumaville situation and crudely rounded the external debt to 100m whilst actually believing it to have last been published as around 85 or so ?

It was £68m in the last accounts.

I know that tv money is the most important thing these days but we don’t make enough match day revenue.
We should be getting double what we get and I don’t just mean crowds I mean actual money. Ticket prices have been too low for years compared to other clubs, and we don’t have a very good corporate side.
So yes we possibly have more potential but It’s going to be hard to realise.
Also we as fans at the moment are looking very fair weather from the outside and that won’t help investors.
As an investor I wouldn’t buy either personally as I can’t see much profit being made by Newcastle for me, unless I made them a real force. With us I basically have to maximise everything and put in millions in the hope of making a profit once we are a mid table prem club, which is pretty much what Ellis tried to do and failed.
If I wanted a play thing I’d buy non league and be involved in as much as possible.
Being a Sunderland fan though with unlimited money I’d obviously by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back