Pros for buying SAFC vs NUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SOL is better because it's not lopsided and the capacity can be increased.

Lot's of comments on here over the years about how run down the interior has become. I wouldn't know, I've never been inside of it. The SOL is also lopsided just not as marked.

I'm sure you could increase the capacity but as you can't even fill it at the best of times, never mind when you're shite and you stop going in your thousands, who in their right mind would contemplate such a thing.

The SOL is better because it's not lopsided and the capacity can be increased.

Lot's of comments on here over the years about how run down the interior has become. I wouldn't know, I've never been inside of it. The SOL is also lopsided just not as marked.

I'm sure you could increase the capacity but as you can't even fill it at the best of times, never mind when you're shite and you stop going in your thousands, who in their right mind would contemplate such a thing.

:lol::lol::lol: mag with keyboard / intelligence fail.

This is the elephant in the room for any sale of us. The logical thing for any buyer is to buy Drumaville from Short, which keeps the amount owed to them internal to the group (it would also allow them to capitalise that loan at no real loss to themselves). However, they would need to repay or refinance the loan from SBC by July 2019, and this effectively raises the asking price by whatever it is at the moment (it was £70m in July 2016, but I suspect that, for a variety of reasons, priority has been given to paying at least part of it down). It's a fair comment that the effective price for us would be whatever Short wants plus SBC. However, in my opinion, that total plus necessary investment to get into the PL again would still be significantly lower than the amount Ashley appears to want for you.

As far as I can see, there's more potential upside for a potential investor in buying SAFC vs NUFC, but that upside might require more time to achieve.

And this is where our problem lies. How long will it take us to get back there?

There’s a new TV deal for the premier league to be negotiated in February. Any new investors want to be sat at that table.

Leaving the actual clubs aside for a moment, you have to also consider that Sunderland as a place is an absolute monstrosity.

It is a stagnant, decaying mess. The general depression that hangs over the place will hardly be pursuasive in tempting somebody to part with millions.
Obviously you're exaggerating there like just to be a spiteful little arsehole but what you say is partially true, the city is not attractive to anyone except business looking for cheap workers.

Which is the only reason Newcastle is the better prospect, better transport links and bigger business will buy posh seats.

That the only real reason as any club could grow their brand globally by having a team in the champions league, look at spurs, they never needed a new stadium 20 years ago cause they were shit, now they're in London and popular they have fans from abroad.

Business sense would say Newcastle based on the fact they will get 50000 every home game and they are currently in the premier. Bigger risk long term perhaps?

Business sense would say Newcastle based on the fact they will get 50000 every home game and they are currently in the premier. Bigger risk long term perhaps?

How can you increase the business though, great as a play thing, shit as a business as Fat Mike has found to his cost.

Depends what you want to buy it for. Newcastle on most levels tbh, possibly a slightly bigger upside on us but would cost a lot of money and be a huge risk to ever realise it.

If we had this conversation after the Everton game at the end of the 2015-16 season I wonder what the outcome would have been.
They were gonna tear the city apart, Benitez would leave, the fans would desert, slip down the leagues.
While we were gonna steadily improve under the stewardship of Sam.
I think that was the plan.

I believe a greater proportion of our club's assets are owned outright which might be a draw.

Unfortunately, the potential buyer most likely to be attracted by that knowledge would be someone interested in selling said assets (and there are legal obstacles to that) so I'm going to have to go with none (thankfully)

Obviously you're exaggerating there like just to be a spiteful little arsehole but what you say is partially true, the city is not attractive to anyone except business looking for cheap workers.

Which is the only reason Newcastle is the better prospect, better transport links and bigger business will buy posh seats.

That the only real reason as any club could grow their brand globally by having a team in the champions league, look at spurs, they never needed a new stadium 20 years ago cause they were shit, now they're in London and popular they have fans from abroad.
I honestly did not exaggerate at all. I dont understand why me slagging off Sunderland as a place makes me a spiteful arsehole.

I live here, my kids were born here and will grow up here.

It just happens to be that the town centre is a f***ing disgrace, the council show no enthusiasm to do anything positive, and the place is falling further behind.

I would therefore be surprised if a major investor looked at Sunderland. That wss my point & it seemed to upset you. Fair enough, these are tough times for you, but childish name calling on tbe internet is a bit feeble.

I honestly did not exaggerate at all. I dont understand why me slagging off Sunderland as a place makes me a spiteful arsehole.

I live here, my kids were born here and will grow up here.

It just happens to be that the town centre is a f***ing disgrace, the council show no enthusiasm to do anything positive, and the place is falling further behind.

I would therefore be surprised if a major investor looked at Sunderland. That wss my point & it seemed to upset you. Fair enough, these are tough times for you, but childish name calling on tbe internet is a bit feeble.
Were did I name call you like? I said that what you said was true but the way you said it was way over the top, I've never lived in Sunderland either so I couldn't give a fuck about the city itself.

Were did I name call you like? I said that what you said was true but the way you said it was way over the top, I've never lived in Sunderland either so I couldn't give a fuck about the city itself.

Tasked is right though, I have to agree, my own city is a shithole. There are no redeeming features to Sunderland.

Tasked is right though, I have to agree, my own city is a shithole. There are no redeeming features to Sunderland.
The city centre maybe is shit, and it wasn't what was said it was the way it was said I injected too.

Would you tell your son he's a shit footballer because it was true lol, anyway his point was true and I said so in my original reply, but thats about big business rather than how nice the shops are.

I'm not sure either club would be particularly attractive for investors. While Newcastle city centre is a definite upgrade on Sunderland, it is in a region that top-class players don't want to come too.

This is why SAFC is in the mess it finds itself in. We've overspent on below average players, on players that we couldn't really afford. I think NUFC will have similar problems to us, maybe Ashley realises this too.

In football terms, all the power currently lays in London and the big cities.

The city centre maybe is shit, and it wasn't what was said it was the way it was said I injected too.

Would you tell your son he's a shit footballer because it was true lol, anyway his point was true and I said so in my original reply, but thats about big business rather than how nice the shops are.

I wouldn't tell him he was shit but I'd have found something else for him to do.

BUT, that's not even a comparison. The whole of Sunderland is shit which is why I moved away. Only back for matches although haven't been to to the last two home matches and not missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back