It’s time to get behind Chris Coleman

Need a new start, someone like the blokes at Lincoln City, for example. Ultimately though, everything depends on the ownership, we will be in continuous meltdown until that changes.

imagine if we appointed a couple blokes who've never managed above league 2 level. The knives would be out within 3 months.

we'll never learn.

So coleman took the job knowing he would relegate us then?

obviously not but some are going on as if he's ruined us and is solely responsible for this situation. Some folk are seriously underestimating the state of this club.

Last edited:
He hasn’t done a very good job but his hands were tied. I don’t think he’s going anywhere, so despite what you want, bitching and moaning won’t achieve anything. Suppport him and see where we are come October time.
I think we should get behind jason steele.

Hasnt done a very good job plays like his hands and legs are tied.

Isnt going anywhere.

Again moaning and bitching wont change anything so back him and see where we are in october.

Wow!, it almost makes your entire op look like sheer stupidity when you look at it like that.

He hasn’t done a very good job but his hands were tied. I don’t think he’s going anywhere, so despite what you want, bitching and moaning won’t achieve anything. Suppport him and see where we are come October time.
I was uninspired when he was appointed and I’d gladly see the back of him now!

Coleman has contributed massively to the state we are in. When he arrived the situation was recoverable.

we were screwed from the first kick this season man. Is there another club in Britain that is currently operating without leadership?

he is. That changes nowt though. The knives would still be out. Grayson was supposedly a great appointment at this level based on the previous season & look where that got us.
No he wasn't. He's never finished higher than 11th at this level.

Who told you he was a great appointment at this level? Bain ?

I could have managed us to bottom. I don't think I'm setting expectations too high asking for a bit more.
I find it amazing that if as a fan you find being relegated to League one in rock bottom position four points behind Burton Albion unacceptable, you expect the manager to "get us winning every week".

When Coleman arrived all he had to do to keep us up was win one in three. Some of our fans expectations are through the floor.

Given that new owners may want their own man and few would come in for the interim, however long that is, we may as well stick with him.
And maybe he's a better builder than firefighter; at least he knows the squad which stops another tedious fresh start for everyone.
If we had bought one keeper that had a run of good form that might have made us safe - one player, small margins.

This. Very much this. And I also agree with the rest of your post.

Also, to the people saying he's worse than Grayson, the difference is that Grayson had a proper transfer window and was allowed to bring in a few players of his choosing. He chose badly, bought shite, and Coleman was left carrying the bucket. It didn't matter how good he was at spreading shite, it was still a bucket of shite that he's been forced to work with.

As @Stuff says in this post, even if we could somehow convince another manager to join us, (which is doubtful given the owner situation), a new manager would take months to get to know the squad to determine who we should be keeping and who we should be getting rid of. That means we'd effectively be giving our League 1 rivals a head-start on the league next year.

I still believe Coleman has what it take to turn us around anyway. I'd very much like to see what he could do when given more than just a bucket and shovel to achieve it.

We'll not get any better manager in our situation mind. We've got an international/ prem league manager. Who do you think will replace him in the 3rd division. If you think Grayson was underwhelming, he's a superstar compared to what we'd be getting.

Also this.

I'm still behind him. He walked into an absolute shitstorm from top to bottom. Granted he hasn't done much better result wise than Grayson, but there comes a time when you have to back someone and give them time to rebuild the club. We have been guilty of short term thinking for too long and that's partly why our squad is the shambles that it is, chopping and changing constantly and each new manager having their own ideas.

I like Coleman, he speaks well and passionately about the club and its hard to judge him on this season because of all the other factors involved. He deserves a chance to build for next season, hopefully with a new owner and some financial backing.

Agreed.

Last edited:
For me, the best thing about Saturday (a slim tribute, I know) was the support given to Jason Steele. Those 'Steeeeeeles ...' started out as irony, probably, but they had a positive impact on the 'keeper. We need more of that spirit.

This. Very much this. And I also agree with the rest of your post.

Also, to the people saying he's worse than Grayson, the difference is that Grayson had a proper transfer window and was allowed to bring in a few players of his choosing. He chose badly, bought shite, and Coleman was left carrying the bucket. It didn't matter how good he was at spreading shite, it was still a bucket of shite that he's been forced to work with.

As @Stuff says in this post, even if we could somehow convince another manager to join us, (which is doubtful given the owner situation), a new manager would take months to get to know the squad to determine who we should be keeping and who we should be getting rid of. That means we'd effectively be giving our League 1 rivals a head-start on the league next year.

I still believe Coleman has what it take to turn us around anyway. I'd very much like to see what he could do when given more than just a bucket and shovel to achieve it.

Also this.

Agreed.
Grayson at least brought two strikers to the club that were better than the gonk Coleman brought in. Fair enough Grabban had his clause and wanted away, but Coleman sold Vaughan.

It's ok though, he gets the club. He'll be able to attract players at that level. I know 'cos I read it on here.
I know you are being facetious, but a lot of our fans actually believe this. The fact he couldn't even persuade a player to sign for us ahead of Barnsley tells you everything you need to know about his pulling power, or rather lack of it.

Also, "he gets the club"? What does that even mean? Kevin Ball is just spouting shite. All Coleman needs to "get" is points on board, and he's failed massively.

Grayson at least brought two strikers to the club that were better than the gonk Coleman brought in. Fair enough Grabban had his clause and wanted away, but Coleman sold Vaughan.

Vaughan was worse than Fletcher and clearly didn't want to be here. His ear-cupping antics when he eventually scored was the nail in the coffin of his time here.

And Coleman wasn't given any money to buy a striker, Grayson was.

What do you think he's going to get to achieve it? He'll have no money in the summer either.

Back