Grayson should not have been sacked

Some interesting points here

Grayson would have done a hell of a lot better if he'd been able to get rid of the toxic shite clogging up the team.

Catts, O'Shea, Ndong, Rodwell and Kone are only there because we can't even get shot of them on loan.

Personally I think it would have been worth it to pay them off and bring in players who'd actually be excited about playing and have a future in the game.

As it is we're heading for League One where paying off the SBC loan is even more of a pipe dream

Nobody wants to come apart from honest players with zero ability technically!

Sunderland were poor under Grayson no doubt about that.

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.

I genuinely believe you are Simon Grayson. :D

True, though hopefully we'll get a chance to try again later down the line.

The team Keano built to get us out of the Championship was a good mix of experience, youth and talent with the added bonus that they all wanted to play for the club

Different times and a manager who could attract the players....

In fairness that is still way better than what we have at the moment.

And for the foreseeable future too...

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.

Yeah...things would have been so different

But...

Should have been sacked after the Celtic match mate.

He's been our best player since arriving and he'd walk into your team, you bell.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Is that why he was 4th choice? Leadbitter Howson and Clayton are all vastly better players. Besic our new loan is twice the player.
He may be the best plodder in a shower like Leeds but he’s nowhere near upper Championship/PL standard.

Leeds man :lol:

Simon Grayson seems to be showing Sunderland AFC up for their inexplicable sacking of him by successfully guiding Bradford to one goal and one point from four games, losing his last three on the trot.

This is the same Simon Grayson who said that he deserved to be in the Championship, and despite several requests from League 1 clubs, only went to Bradford as they were the only club in the league to show ambition.

The same Simon Grayson who, as manager of Bradford, said after losing to Wigan “We’re disappointed but we have to dust ourselves down."

The same Simon Grayson who, whilst managing Preston said, after defeat to Derby “It wasn’t what the supporters deserved and it wasn’t what the team deserved, but we have to dust ourselves down."

The same Simon Grayson who, whilst managing Sunderland said, after defeat to Cardiff “We dust ourselves down, back at work in the morning, Ipswich and Preston our next two games ..."

Well done, Simon. Well done. Keep up with the dusting.

10 games at Bradford

0 wins
2 draws
8 losses

No one needs to say anymore on the subject
He hasn't had 10 games man.

He's had 4

Someone summed it up perfectly the other day, we were equally as capable of f***ing up under Grayson as we are under Coleman, but Grayson's Sunderland looked moderately competitive. Coleman's don't and look completely shot.

Last edited:
He hasn't had 10 games man.

He's had 4

Someone summed it up perfectly the other day, we were equally as capable of f***ing up under Grayson as we are under Coleman, but Grayson's Sunderland looked moderately competitive. Coleman's don't and look completely shot.
Neither were or have been much cop but at this point I preferred Grayson's Sunderland (fuck I've said it) although he did have Grabban. Coleman's side look like the worst side in SAFC history by a distance and getting worse.

Back