Grayson should not have been sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
You suggested Coleman having to "use the tools he's got" excuses him entirely from being held responsible for engineering a 10 game winless run which has us mere weeks from the most embarrassing relegation in the club's history.

You're suggesting no one could have done just a little bit better and he's just a poor victim of some devilish conspiracy?
Open your eyes. Mourinho or anyone else could do anything with the squad and attitude of our players.

this lack of knowledge of football outside the premier league is one of the reasons Sunderland are going down.

Grayson has managed Bradford for 4 games, not 10

The same Simon Grayson who has led Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston to promotion.

The same Simon Grayson who led Preston to consecutive top half finishes with the lowest budget in the the championship

The same Simon Grayson who made over 600 career appearances as a player, many of them in the Premier League.
Aye, areet Simon. Go buy some Mr Sheen, polish your baldy dome and dust yourself off.

"Apologies for yet another thread, but did anyone else manage to catch the radio leeds post match interviews?

Grayson made reference to senior pro's not leading by example, which was quickly referenced(numerous times as if making a point) by the presenter when nicky law came up for his interview.
Law was quite clearly taken back by it, saying he hadnt heard it but if true, that it hurts and it would be interesting to hear what the other "senior pro's" thought of it.
I dont mind, things not happening if players are trying but there is a general lack of urgency, lack of leadership, and a lack of bollocks basically. I suppose another case in point would be, the lack of the older end who braved the fans at the end, most sheepishly turned to clap from about forty yards and left the poor young lads to cop the shit from close up

Personally i think Grayson is right to call out the players, contracted or not i wouldnt miss many if they werent here next year."

He's up to his old tricks at Bradford. They were in the top 6 when he joined them but of course it's not his fault, it's never his fault. I don't think he's resorted to blaming their fans yet.

Sorry but just for the fact he Spunked whatever small budget he had on rank shit players alone is enough for him to be sacked IMO, thats forgeting about how shit the team played, and how woeful his tactic were. How he saw a goalkeeper in Steele, or a striker in Vaughan is beyond me, for all colemans issues he got fucked over worse than grayson as he had the shit grasyon had lumbered the club with and absolutely no money!!!, where as Grayson absolutely wasted the money, the fact Vaughan was sold in the next window speaks volumes!. I get we didnt have much to spend but there must have been better option than f***ing steele and vaughan, and how Ruiter got a contract after a trial is beyond me too.

Surely the 15 point season would be the most embarrasing ?

he seems likeable , and he will be cursing the injuries to watmore, Williams, mcnair , wilson and Gibson.

but his tactics man HOOF!HOOF!HOOF!HOOF!

when he first came in I thought it would be rabble rousing effort, 4-4-2 , taretman and a little fast one, non stop graft, but he seemed clueless, and the gk fiasco has almost cost us safety on its own

Sunderland were poor under Grayson no doubt about that.

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.
I was no fan of Grayson, but voiced the opinion early season that sacking him would make no difference because our squad of players is absolutely hopeless and we have no good players even at this level. I was ridiculed by the “our squad is much better than this” mob. I was right, they were wrong.

this lack of knowledge of football outside the premier league is one of the reasons Sunderland are going down.

Grayson has managed Bradford for 4 games, not 10

The same Simon Grayson who has led Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston to promotion.

The same Simon Grayson who led Preston to consecutive top half finishes with the lowest budget in the the championship

The same Simon Grayson who made over 600 career appearances as a player, many of them in the Premier League.

Simon man, fuck off.

Sunderland were poor under Grayson no doubt about that.

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.

Nowt wrong with Grayson just the aresholes he was charged with imo

Nowt wrong with Grayson just the aresholes he was charged with imo

He's been unlucky to manage a lot of arseholes in his career then.

It's funny how so many of the arseholes who let him down at Leeds went on to play in the Premier League, and even win it in one case.

We are in a shit place at the moment. But it always finds its own level and it would appear the journey has not yet ended.

Hopefully at seasons end we can have a good cleanout (using shit be gone or other cleaner) and start sgain.

Hopefull after a rebuild we can start again. Lets just hope lessons have been learned on the types of players required and we get some minimsl funds to assist in the process.

Time will tell, but sonething has to change and not sure it will on past performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back