Grayson should not have been sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

No signing will improve the team as football is a team game and Sunderland will NOT IMPROVE WHILE O"SHEA, KONE, CATTERMOLE, NDONG, GIBSON etc ARE INVOLVED.

And for the record Ndong was an absolute disgrace under Grayson, his performance v Bolton on 31 October one of the worst ever seen from a midfield player.

A dreadful version of Pogba.

Keep off the drink Simon ffs.

Sunderland were poor under Grayson no doubt about that.

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.
The tit should never have been given the job in the first place!

I don't think there was much point in sacking Grayson, but we've just got to get on with it now. I hope Coleman lasts, for the sake of stability.

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.
Blaming the fans as well, you vile rancid cuntflap.

Whatever the agenda of the OP, some of what he says is true. Coleman hasn't done any better with mostly the same set of players. It's now kind of absurd to think that Grayson was peddled after a 3-3 draw against Bolton, a team now relatively comfortable in the league. On current form that would be one of our better results.

What I have to wonder, however, is what Coleman might have done if he'd been able to bring in the same amount of players as Grayson, and also had a longer period - inc. pre-season - with them. Coleman at least brought some confidence and determination in to try and change the mind-set of failure. He hasn't achieved it yet but I never felt for a second that Grayson would be strong enough to have tackled some of the issues in the first place.

The decline under Moyes only sped up further under Grayson - he looked out of his depth from day one. I don't believe any of us are crying any real tears for him.

Sounds like a spot on assessment to me.

But...

So funny , the moment we let our top scorer go we sealed our own fate

The OP has a point. We were more competitive and scored more goals under Grayson than we are under Coleman so don’t see why people are ridiculing him.

I wasn't a massive Grayson fan but what the OP says is not ridiculous. We have to get some continuity into the club, and sacking managers 3-4 months in when they don't have immediate results will only take us deeper into this hole.

At some point we have to collectively trust that a manager will come good if given time and money to build a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back