Grayson should not have been sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixth game at Bradford.
4 points from 18
W 1, D 1, L 4.
F 2 A 8 - (those goals, one in the draw, one in the win)

But Sunderland sacked him unreasonably.

I'm no Grayson fan - bad appointment, he made bad signings, never had a job this big, clearly too much 0f a re-build for him and he was very ugly. Wanted him gone.

However Coleman would have been 3rd or 4th on my list to replace him.

Coleman started off canny - he looked like he sorted us out at the back and got 4 wins in his first 11. He's now hit the wall well and truly. His results have gone to pot, the indiscpline has been shocking lots of red cards and the off the field incidents are flaring up again.

No noticeable improvement tbf. Have little confidence in Coleman next season in League 1. I'm not saying sack him but jury is out.

As we now know, we were flat broke, had almost zero for transfers and needed a rebuild. We didn't have the money to pay a top manager or even a top championship manager.

In that sense, Grayson was a sensible choice at the time.

It turned out not the best move, but we are an official basket case club so it's difficult to actually judge him. A rebuild of a big club in real difficulty, with no money. Not easy at all.

Same with Coleman to some extent. But I have to admit after a positive start, the results are shocking and I'm not so sure.
But as he said today, he expected at least some support in the window and got none.

All these managers over 8 years can't all be bad managers. Almost every one has intimated that Short is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back