Grayson should not have been sacked

Not a generalisation; many Sunderland fans thought this squad could compete.

Agree completely with everything else you say.

Grayson's signings were poor;

Steele confidence shot but not easy playing behind O'Shea and Kone who play for themselves in every single game.

Galloway, Williams and Wilson were ''panic signings''. Grayson didn't really want them but due to lack of funds and inability to sign anyone else/time running out he took a punt on them.

McGeady was a poor signing and I was surpised Grayson signed him for Sunderland; I was certain he'd go after Barkhuizen instead.

Vaughan has those attributes needed but it didn't work out.

However in defence of the those players it is very hard to play and settle in to a team where the senior and established players do not prepare themselves mentally for matches and when on the pitch play for themselves rather than the team; Kone, O'Shea and NDong in particular were a disgrace in games under Grayson, worthe remebering too that Grayson left O'Shea out and only brought him back in when no other option available, although I was surpised he did even then.

Sunderland did not and do not have a team mentally or physically able to compete in the championship.

Grayson's record and the teams he built at Leeds and Preston on meagre budgets suggest that despite a bad start he could have built a decent team at Sunderland given time.

Grabban would not have left if Grayson had stayed; would his goals have been enough to stay up.

Coleman has an impossible job.
Some interesting points here

Grayson would have done a hell of a lot better if he'd been able to get rid of the toxic shite clogging up the team.

Catts, O'Shea, Ndong, Rodwell and Kone are only there because we can't even get shot of them on loan.

Personally I think it would have been worth it to pay them off and bring in players who'd actually be excited about playing and have a future in the game.

As it is we're heading for League One where paying off the SBC loan is even more of a pipe dream

Last edited:

Sunderland were poor under Grayson no doubt about that.

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.

Ow Simon lad

But...

Grayson was charged with the task of rebuilding a club in a mess with a group of players not anywhere near good enough to compete at this level.

It was a long term job and Grayson, the right man for the job, was sacked before we had even reached November.

That Preston team yesterday was build by Grayson on a tiny budged, he has knowledge and contacts at this level of football that would have allowed him to rebuild Sunderland if given time.

Lack of respect for the championship from Sunderland players and owners in particular and, dare I say it, fans also is what is leading to relegation.

Simon, please stop it. You’re starting to sound like Steve Bruce. It wasn’t our fault you were shite.

But...

FUCK OFF..the only reason we scored so many under grayson was because of the little shitehawk grabbon

Still don’t understand the people who say Grayson was a disaster but think Chris Coleman is just doing the best he can do in a bad situation. They’ve both been dealt a bloody terrible hand.

IT IS NOT THE MANAGERS FAULT. No, Grayson didn’t deserve the sack. Neither does Coleman, neither did O’Neil Bruce Poyet, Moyes. It’s not their fault. Only Paulo deserved it because he was mental.

People are looked constantly to blame someone. We know who is at fault here.

He was here for a couple of months.

Do you think a couple of months is enough time to fix the mess Sunderland is/was in?

To repeat; Grayson was appointed to rebuild the team as a long term project.

The owners showed a lack of respect and understanding of the division by employing Grayson and will pay the price with relegation, unfortunately.

Tidied...

Simon, my dear chap...it has become obvious to me that my last request of you was far too eloquently expressed for you to gain an understanding of its import. I therefore find it necessary to rephrase my words...

Instead of whining on the SMB you should do something involving sex and travel.

This group of players would see Pep Guardiola off. Grayson seemed a decent bloke but there was no respect there from the players he needed the sack. The club looked for a big personality and it’s likely they ll see him off. The squad is f***ing dreadful and it’s devoid of any confidence. It also has non of the attributes needed to stay in this league and it will struggle badly next season unless money is made available for the manager to change it. You can’t repair it with loans. It needs a minimum of 7 new players right through the spine of the side. If this owner stays be prepared for the same again next year.

But...

Not this shite again

I agree with the op in Grayson we had someone who knows what the lower leagues are all about. Coleman has proved that at international level, he can turn our a decent and motivated side. Sadly he has been unable to do anything with our misfits and losers, and come the end of the season substantial rebuilding of the squad must take place. No disrespect to Coleman but I would prefer to have a manager in place that knows and has had success in the lower leagues. I think the Coleman appointment was a gamble to preserve our championship position, looks like this is going to fail, and given our January signings, the future isn't looking bright at all.

Back