Alex Hales

Far too lenient.

Maybe so, but why make the rule and then just totally ignore it

I just don't like the way its been handled personally.

You shouldn't make decisions based on what journalists write, which is what has happened here

Followed their own rules of a 21 day ban. Nothing more, nothing less. They're making up the rules as they go along because it's gone public. As I've said for years, the ECB is a circus ran by utter clowns.

Exactly, they'd already made a decision

The Guardian broke the story then 2 days later hes banned from the world cup

How does that work?

You shouldn't make decisions based on what journalists write, which is what has happened here

How does that work?

You seem to forget Hales has been a plonker. On more than one occasion. Why defend him?

Nice to see the ECB doing things purely to cover their own backsides. Scared of being criticised for leaving a potential matchwiner out, they select Alex Hales, knowing full well what he's either been up to already or what distraction he may bring. As soon as someone in the media says something about Hales, they dump him.

I'm not saying Alex Hales wasn't the architect of his own downfall, because he was and still seems to be an arse. But the way the ECB flapped and eventually hung him out to dry to spare their own blushes can't be ignored.

They've changed their view because they were unaware of any failed drugs test when they originally selected the squad. In player's interest, the 1st failed drugs test is kept confidential to only medical staff. Hales then chose to ignore the warning of the 1st drug test despite being under a suspended sanction from Bristolgate. He has shown complete contempt to both England management and his teammates.

I love how it’s the ECBs fault again.

2 failed tests and Bristol. It’s almost his fault

Except it is FTECB’s fault isn’t it? He served his punishment for Bristol and he’ll serve 21 days for the drugs offence because that’s the period THEY dictated.

The bloke is a massive cock, no doubt, but FTECB have moved the goalposts in an attempt to save face when the only reason face was lost in the first place was due to their own utter incompetence and mishandling of the whole charade.

Except it is FTECB’s fault isn’t it? He served his punishment for Bristol and he’ll serve 21 days for the drugs offence because that’s the period THEY dictated.

The bloke is a massive cock, no doubt, but FTECB have moved the goalposts in an attempt to save face when the only reason face was lost in the first place was due to their own utter incompetence and mishandling of the whole charade.
No. The ban says how long he can’t play cricket for, for Notts for example, that doesn’t mean that they have to decide to pick him

He booted a bloke in the head while he was on the floor.

He's lucky this is even what were discussing.

Man is a shithouse, no question, but we’ve been over that hundreds of times ad nauseum.

The police didn’t seek to prosecute and FTECB served his punishment. we can’t keep dragging the ‘incident’ up every single time the name Hales is brought up.

There comes a time when we have to move on. It adds absolutely nothing to this debate.

Hales needs another reminder that his lifestyle is poor. Getting dropped is the right response.

Giles is not the idiot.

He’s got a lot of work to do before he loses that particular tag.

How does that work?
ECB logic. Absolute clowns

Yeah. George dobell n co

He wanted to wait till after but Giles didn’t want everyone leaving at say time after the World Cup

He’s come in with an iron fist n I don’t like him

The bloke was a complete failure as England coach yet somehow he’s got a promotion it’s poor

If that's true, his reason is bollocks.

I'm waiting to see what he does about Archer. If he caves to player pressure and doesn't pick him, he's a twat. If Tom Curran is a better cricketer than him, I'm a f***ing dolphin.

Last edited:
Really?

Imo if the ECB gave Durham a million pound you be twisting saying it should be 2 million.

Alex Hales totally balls up yet typical of this forum it’s turned round to be the ECBs fault!
Nothing for me could make up for what they've done to Durham. A blog on twitter sums it up for me so i'll copy their comments. The ECB have acted deplorably re: Hales. They were content with the standard 21-day ban (and keeping it all hush hush) until the story was leaked. Then all of a sudden they come down on him like a ton of bricks. They've basically made a politically motivated U-turn to look tough because the story was leaked.

They're worried about the press they'll receive. Just like they were worried about the bad press on the Ashes tour. In the latter instance it led them to completely overreact re: the Bairstow headbutt, and sending Duckett home for merely pouring a drink over Anderson.

Nothing for me could make up for what they've done to Durham. A blog on twitter sums it up for me so i'll copy their comments. The ECB have acted deplorably re: Hales. They were content with the standard 21-day ban (and keeping it all hush hush) until the story was leaked. Then all of a sudden they come down on him like a ton of bricks. They've basically made a politically motivated U-turn to look tough because the story was leaked.

They're worried about the press they'll receive. Just like they were worried about the bad press on the Ashes tour. In the latter instance it led them to completely overreact re: the Bairstow headbutt, and sending Duckett home for merely pouring a drink over Anderson.

Spot on

No consistency on decisions. Making it up as they go along

Clowns

Back