Alex Hales

This is demonstrably bollocks as they have caused him to take a break from the game 'for personal reasons' and will affect his WC preparation.

True, but getting dumped by his lass last month is the only significant thing that has happened to him lately.

You don't know that like, it might be, but its best not to speculate. You never know whats going on in someone's head so I don't like to second guess, he might be going through anything.

Maybe I am just being unreasonable about this and there is no way he should be in the squad, but just when all the journos can't wait to criticise, can't help but defend him

Does everyone else think he should be dropped?

I have one rule in life. Don't be a dick. I sometimes fail and accept the consequences, especially at my age when I ought to know better.

Can't help but think if Alex Hales had a similar outlook we'd instead be talking about what a decent option he is in the World Cup squad.

People, of course, can choose to do or not do whatever they want, and nobody outside those affected really cares. It's just a pity that he seems to have brought this all on himself.

Serve his 21 days then providing he’s in right frame of mind then he’s in the squad.

He should be in anyway but it serves as a double purpose as it’ll hopefully irritate the moral crusaders. :lol:

I have one rule in life. Don't be a dick. I sometimes fail and accept the consequences, especially at my age when I ought to know better.

Can't help but think if Alex Hales had a similar outlook we'd instead be talking about what a decent option he is in the World Cup squad.

People, of course, can choose to do or not do whatever they want, and nobody outside those affected really cares. It's just a pity that he seems to have brought this all on himself.

Fair

Has he failed 2 drugs tests aswell?

Note this is what is being reported on certain cricket forums and not any form of accusation

He is a complete cretin, but a superb one day cricketer.

Can't say what I would do, part of me wants him to be bombed out for being a complete idiot, and setting a terrible example to yound cricketers, but the other part is desperate for us to win the World Cup, which we may have more chance of doing with him in the squad.

What should they have done?

Its such absllute bullshit by the ECB

They all knew about the offence, they decided to keep it quiet and pick him

then just because it becomes public and a fewhigh profile morons start moaning, they drop him

Its bullshit

I don't believe a word they say, and Giles is an idiot

Back