Alex Hales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing for me could make up for what they've done to Durham. A blog on twitter sums it up for me so i'll copy their comments. The ECB have acted deplorably re: Hales. They were content with the standard 21-day ban (and keeping it all hush hush) until the story was leaked. Then all of a sudden they come down on him like a ton of bricks. They've basically made a politically motivated U-turn to look tough because the story was leaked.

They're worried about the press they'll receive. Just like they were worried about the bad press on the Ashes tour. In the latter instance it led them to completely overreact re: the Bairstow headbutt, and sending Duckett home for merely pouring a drink over Anderson.
Have you read the book on Durham?

Five trophies and a funeral.

Whilst it finger points at the ecb, it’s interesting in that it’s not the story we thought we knew.
Nah. Heard good things about it though. My point remains about The ECB, utter clowns slowly making a farce of the game.

Also i never fully blamed the ECB for the Durham carry on. I spent many posts on here criticising David Harker who was another complete utter clown way before all this happened.

Last edited:
Nothing for me could make up for what they've done to Durham. A blog on twitter sums it up for me so i'll copy their comments. The ECB have acted deplorably re: Hales. They were content with the standard 21-day ban (and keeping it all hush hush) until the story was leaked. Then all of a sudden they come down on him like a ton of bricks. They've basically made a politically motivated U-turn to look tough because the story was leaked.

They're worried about the press they'll receive. Just like they were worried about the bad press on the Ashes tour. In the latter instance it led them to completely overreact re: the Bairstow headbutt, and sending Duckett home for merely pouring a drink over Anderson.

They may just be even more worried what their sponsors think. Hales is a f***ing gonk and deserves to be dropped.

Really?

Imo if the ECB gave Durham a million pound you be twisting saying it should be 2 million.

Alex Hales totally balls up yet typical of this forum it’s turned round to be the ECBs fault!

I’m going to defend WHED here because I seem to remember you trying to tar me with that very same brush recently and the same logic applies - I’ve no doubt if FTECB do something right he’ll praise them.

Alex Hales has ballsed up, we’ve called him out for that. But two wrongs don’t make a right do they? FTECB have handled this absolutely f***ing terribly.

Seriously think you need to get a username change, you can’t call yourself ‘the voice of fair play’ and then proceed to not apply that sense of fair play.

Hales has been given his punishment, then FTECB have moved the goalposts. That is not fair play.

They may just be even more worried what their sponsors think. Hales is a f***ing gonk and deserves to be dropped.
I'm not disputing his behaviour, I'm merely criticising the ECB clowns for making the rules up as they go. They're supposed to be a professional body, yet are anything but. These clowns are in charge of the game I love and find that absolutely frightening for the future of the game in this country and more so clubs like Durham.

I’m going to defend WHED here because I seem to remember you trying to tar me with that very same brush recently and the same logic applies - I’ve no doubt if FTECB do something right he’ll praise them.

Alex Hales has ballsed up, we’ve called him out for that. But two wrongs don’t make a right do they? FTECB have handled this absolutely f***ing terribly.

Seriously think you need to get a username change, you can’t call yourself ‘the voice of fair play’ and then proceed to not apply that sense of fair play.

Hales has been given his punishment, then FTECB have moved the goalposts. That is not fair play.

Never said they had handled correctly in anyway,so think you making assumptions there.

Simply don’t believe if the ECB did something right he would praise them, as all his posts strongly suggest otherwise.

Fair play is about looking at the situation objectively before making comment, and don’t believe he does ,soon as ECB is mentioned negative thoughts and criticism always follows no matter what.

You are correct imo, that the ECB have not handled this correct, however like a lot of things on here, rather than focusing on the player been totally in the wrong, people can’t wait to change the narrative to the ECB.

When really the whole story is about the players himself!

I am not sure why people are not focussing on the player himself letting the country down at such vital time,

Yes they admitting he is wrong but then thinking great we can have a go at the ECB again!

Last edited:
Can't blame Durham followers for being paranoid about ECB though. I'm now convinced that it's Graves himself , however, rather than ECB as a body that the vitriol should have been reserved for. Anyway it was the England selectos, who are employees of ECB, rather than ECB board itself that imposed the exile on Hales. The fact that he's now kicking off about his exile indicates that he still hasn't realised the gravity of his actions.

Can't blame Durham followers for being paranoid about ECB though. I'm now convinced that it's Graves himself , however, rather than ECB as a body that the vitriol should have been reserved for. Anyway it was the England selectos, who are employees of ECB, rather than ECB board itself that imposed the exile on Hales. The fact that he's now kicking off about his exile indicates that he still hasn't realised the gravity of his actions.
I can see the argument about the ECB process btw. It looks disjointed.

It’s still Hales’ fault completely however

Dont see how they could pick him for the world cup, as he would have been unable to play any of the 50over games that some players are excelling at currently

I don’t blame Durham fans for been pissed off about the ECB.

Just wish they would admit it and that they not objective where they concerned!

Yes, but he's already on a de facto suspended sentence - two arguably - about his conduct.

Besides which, 21 days is bollocks for a second offence. A lenient first offence approach is to be commended, a second one is questionable.

Don't wet the bed. He's not in the team, nor should he be - and might be better to not have him sniffing around.
Pun intended?

Never said they had handled correctly in anyway,so think you making assumptions there.

Simply don’t believe if the ECB did something right he would praise them, as all his posts strongly suggest otherwise.

Fair play is about looking at the situation objectively before making comment, and don’t believe he does ,soon as ECB is mentioned negative thoughts and criticism always follows no matter what.

You are correct imo, that the ECB have not handled this correct, however like a lot of things on here, rather than focusing on the player been totally in the wrong, people can’t wait to change the narrative to the ECB.

I am not sure why people are not focussing on the player himself letting the country down at such vital time,

Yes they admitting he is wrong but then thinking great we can have a go at the ECB again!

I don't agree

There have been increasingly bizarre decisions by Giles since he came in

Questions of timing for ECB as Alex Hales axing opens World Cup can of worms

This is a fair summary

and by the way the suspended sentence was not considered when banning Hales, treated as 2 different matters.

There is no way Ashley Giles should be running English cricket, he is a typical ECB appointment, he did mediocre in his last few jobs, was a complete failrue as an England coach and has stormed in with an iron fist and disrupted a settled camp

In his first press conference he said he would look to stop the football games

He's a f***ing idiot sorry.

People aren't criticising ECB for the sake of it, they are doing so because they are a totally incompetent organisation, its only because of Strauss that they have achieved any success recently.

I don't agree

There have been increasingly bizarre decisions by Giles since he came in

Questions of timing for ECB as Alex Hales axing opens World Cup can of worms

This is a fair summary

and by the way the suspended sentence was not considered when banning Hales, treated as 2 different matters.

There is no way Ashley Giles should be running English cricket, he is a typical ECB appointment, he did mediocre in his last few jobs, was a complete failrue as an England coach and has stormed in with an iron fist and disrupted a settled camp

In his first press conference he said he would look to stop the football games

He's a f***ing idiot sorry.

People aren't criticising ECB for the sake of it, they are doing so because they are a totally incompetent organisation, its only because of Strauss that they have achieved any success recently.

Some Durham fans on here (not you) criticise them for everything they do and have pre-conceived opinions on them before everything their do.

That is clear as day on their posts imo.

Looks like we having diffrent discussions because I am not disagreeing witj any of the above.

What I am saying Is when players misbehave like Stokes,Hales or whoever rather than criticise them the focus is always turned towards the ECB

Last edited:

Have you read a different forum to me? This thread is full of people criticising Hales, in fact, the bloke has had relentless criticism on here since Bristol. In fact, he’s been public enemy number 1 ever since his cheating of Benks in the T20 years ago.

However, people should call out all parties when they do wrong. Nobody is absolved of blame here, it’s been an absolute clusterfuck from all sides.

We’ve criticised all parties and generally I feel that has been justified - THAT is fair play, that’s what being objective is about.

Unfortunately, going off his track record of bullying and throwing his weight around and what we’ve heard in rumours regarding his plans AND the fact Yorkshire need all the money the can get (Test Matches etc) I think it very much is Graves.

Last edited:
Have you read a different forum to me? This thread is full of people criticising Hales, in fact, the bloke has had relentless criticism on here since Bristol. In fact, he’s been public enemy number 1 ever since his cheating of Benks in the T20 years ago.

However, people should call out all parties when they do wrong. Nobody is absolved of blame here, it’s been an absolute clusterfuck from all sides.

We’ve criticised all parties and generally I feel that has been justified - THAT is fair play, that’s what being objective is about.

I never said people have not criticised Hales, just that at the earliest opportunity the ECB is brought in and criticised rather than focusing on players taking responsibility, bottom line is that if people like Hales and Stokes behaved themselves discussion about punishment would never come up, because they would be no need for any.

I see on hundred thread you calling them the Nazi party yet at the same time still maintaining that you objective!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back