Where are you from ?

Born West Hartlepool County Durham. Lived in Sunderland for 20 years and almost 40 years in London where currently domiciled. Father from Isle if Wight.

I'm from Sunderland, live in Durham now, the couple in front of me at the supermarket today were buying the "Ronnie Gill" :evil:, I thought to myself they must be mags, buying that rag :D

PS this is a tangent but I can't let it slide. Never judge someone on what they read. f***ing Sun Tzu. If you think you hate it, read it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Dad was from sunderland and moved south. I was born and Grew up in Surrey/South London. I'm sunderland till I die. No choice about it. I go to games at the sol and won't hide my accent because I'm not from Sunderland. But love the club and if anyone tells me that I'm not a fan cos I'm not from Sunderland they can fuck right off.

You are from Sunderland... if Sunderland was a country you could play for it

Terrible that mate - your folk were lucky to escape.

Hitler's last, and deadliest raid on Sunderland - aiming for the docks mostly of course. Family of 11 - one was away in the army (but never came back), 2 at work and the rest were in a shelter, a shelter near them was the St George Square one that was hit with the loss of 17. Long time ago now, but yes they were very lucky, now I have over 40 cousins!!

Me dad used to come back from work in newcastle and do impressions of all the chronicle sellers he'd heard. That was a massive one, but his best was the dying swan guy outside the train station. Cheers for the reminder!

Ah newspaper sellers probably deserves its own thread, there was one in the town outside of Joplings when I was a bairn used to shout "Fower o'clock eckie" :) when I moved to Penshaw I hated getting the Durham edition ( that was a race horse aswell ha ha ) used to make sure I got a "town" echo.

Does it matter if you are from Sunderland or not ? I live in Sunderland , support Sunderland and have a season ticket but I am not from Sunderland. Does that make me a mag cockney Manc etc ? Certain people on here obviously think to be one of us requires you to speak a certain way !!? BOLLOX !
Just saying .

If you don’t come from Sunderland why the hell would you chose to live there?

Rhetorical.

Back