Where are you from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You didn’t tell us where you are from. I don’t know anyone who thinks you need to speak a certain way. As a matter of fact it’s like the League of Nations at Sunderland games. Cockney bastards, Yorkshire twats, Scottish wankers, Midland arseholes and Geordie bellends like me. One big happy family
You’ve spelt “unhappy” wrong marra.

Does it matter if you are from Sunderland or not ? I live in Sunderland , support Sunderland and have a season ticket but I am not from Sunderland. Does that make me a mag cockney Manc etc ? Certain people on here obviously think to be one of us requires you to speak a certain way !!? BOLLOX !
Just saying .
Havnt read the thread through maybe ya being a bit precious or met a coupla dickheads. I’d imagine the vast majority of people couldn’t give a Fukk what ya sound like mate.

Keep the faith

Sunlun till we die

It’s one if not the only constant in ya life.

Born in Newcastle General Hospital, so can claim to be a proper Geordie - probably more so than your average plastic NUFC fan !

Parents moved to DH1 when I was 4, and I’ve lived here ever since except for 3 years in DH7 with a dodgy mad girlfriend.

Supported SAFC since 1980 despite Mag supporting father (RIP) ... I saw the light from a very young age !

Last edited:
Durham > Doggy (West Cornforth) > Roker > East Finchley > Islington > Finsbury Park > Crouch End > Copenhagen.

Born and bred in Gosforth, Newcastle. Now living in Seaham, and was previously in Seghill.

Support Sunderland because of my dad, who is from Washington. He never forced me mind at all (never bought me a shirt or took me to Roker, as he wasn’t a matchgoer when I was growing up), and for that reason - tin hat on - I liked SAFC and the mags as a little one :oops::eek:. I blame my dad as he never discouraged me from the latter. Didn’t want me excluded from my pals who used to get together to watch them on Sky (we couldn’t afford that).

Fortunately, my two are being shown the way. Lad is a season ticket holder and daughter going to her first game vs Plymouth.

Last edited:
SR8...moved away at 18, son born in Bristol is 100% a lads fan... his mate is North Somerset born and bred yet a mackem as his extended family are from Peterlee - we are loving this season (ish). I don’t care where people are from...

Parents from Easington. Dad joined navy so have lived around naval ports most of life. Born in Scotland but as a small child you follow your dads team and I wouldn't change that for the world . 47 now. Would love to be living and breathing it every week like most of you lot. Live about a mile from fratton park so nice to finally get above them. Hopefully there to stay!
I'm from up here, but because I lived down there for so long, my vowels are all over the shop :lol:
Born and raised a few miles south of Hexham, Northumberland.

Barely remember how I ended up with a Roker end season ticket by 11 years old. I just couldn't stand the NUFC 90s arrogance, delusion and frankly hatred. I knew I wasn't one of them.

I could of had a much easier childhood if I'd not been a contrary arse, but I've always known where I stand, and it's not with dickheads. (Hi smb/politics!)

(Un?)luckily for me my dad (barely a football fan really until then, at a push he'd say Barnsley & QPR) knew what needed to happen, and we went to the Safc Millwall Craig Russell show and never looked back. Season ticketed all the way until I discovered girls and a world outside the NE, but hope to always take him to a Christmas game as long as we're both mobile.

Stopped getting us both tickets for the last couple of years under Short and it broke my heart frankly. No qualms admitting I shed a few tears vs Bradford with him this Christmas. (Love Donald and Methven, f***ing love them).

Sunlun til I Die, no idea why, you fuckers are in my blood now for some reason but it's still mum, not mam, so fuck yers.
Co Durham - lived in Yorkshire for 42 years.

Born Sunderland General 1950, raised in Newbottle and Houghton where my accent comes from, pure pitmatic. A Co Durham man. Moved to Brandon Colliery and then Hetton before moving down south in Yorkshire for last 25 years. CIU member since I was 18 and will always be proud to support Sunderland. Both sons fanatical about Sunderland - nowt ta de wi me !! Ps my wife is one of us anarl, a Hetton born Season ticket holder. I don't mind what accent or language people have ,if they support SAFC ,they are my brothers and sisters. FTM.

Born Sunderland General 1950, raised in Newbottle and Houghton where my accent comes from, pure pitmatic. A Co Durham man. Moved to Brandon Colliery and then Hetton before moving down south in Yorkshire for last 25 years. CIU member since I was 18 and will always be proud to support Sunderland. Both sons fanatical about Sunderland - nowt ta de wi me !! Ps my wife is one of us anarl, a Hetton born Season ticket holder. I don't mind what accent or language people have ,if they support SAFC ,they are my brothers and sisters. FTM.
Thank brother (from a Felling supporter)

What the fuck did I just read.
What the fuck the.
What the fuck the.

(I'm from Ryhope HTL)

Dad was from sunderland and moved south. I was born and Grew up in Surrey/South London. I'm sunderland till I die. No choice about it. I go to games at the sol and won't hide my accent because I'm not from Sunderland. But love the club and if anyone tells me that I'm not a fan cos I'm not from Sunderland they can fuck right off.
The same for me, but I grew up in Wiltshire. I've been brought up with Sunderland in my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back