Where are you from ?

British West Hartlepool, Co Durham.
My first match I watched at Roker Park was in 1972.

Im a geordie from Gateshead who supports Sunderland but was raised in Edinburgh and in New Zealand for now.

No connection with Sunderland as a place at all but Im getting up at 4am to watch the game as ever :)

Born in Hylton Castle and lived most of my life in Ashbrooke.

Season ticket holder for many years at Roker Park and at the SOL.

Moved to Phuket, Thailand 15 years ago and still listen to or watch every game.

Coming back for a holiday soon, will go to Doncaster and Portsmouth games.

Born in Sunderland, brought up in Durham, live in Bali

Born in Hylton Castle and lived most of my life in Ashbrooke.

Season ticket holder for many years at Roker Park and at the SOL.

Moved to Phuket, Thailand 15 years ago and still listen to or watch every game.

Coming back for a holiday soon, will go to Doncaster and Portsmouth games.

anywhere in Phuket shows the games? I'm there on 9th but working at midnight so will only catch first half

Last edited:
Born in Sunderland, brought up in Durham, live in Bali

anywhere in Phuket shows the games? I'm there on 9th but working at midnight so will only catch first half

Only if it was a televised game on Sky and you could convince the bar owner to show it.

I watch all our games at home via SAFSee.

Sunderland. All my mates are from Sunderland and I have a very strong Sunderland accent. I've been going to most home games for 40 years, season ticket since '92 and plenty of away games back in the day but almost never now.

I've lived happily in Houghton for the last 6 and a bit years after living 45 years in Sunderland.

None of that makes me a bigger fan than others who follow the lads but live wherever or speak in less dulcet tones :)

Sunderland. All my mates are from Sunderland and I have a very strong Sunderland accent. I've been going to most home games for 40 years, season ticket since '92 and plenty of away games back in the day but almost never now.

I've lived happily in Houghton for the last 6 and a bit years after living 45 years in Sunderland.

None of that makes me a bigger fan than others who follow the lads but live wherever or speak in less dulcet tones :)
We're all one big extended family, find a lads supporter anywhere in the world and it's like finding a lost member of the family :lol:

Back