Where are you from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born and raised a few miles south of Hexham, Northumberland.

Barely remember how I ended up with a Roker end season ticket by 11 years old. I just couldn't stand the NUFC 90s arrogance, delusion and frankly hatred. I knew I wasn't one of them.

I could of had a much easier childhood if I'd not been a contrary arse, but I've always known where I stand, and it's not with dickheads. (Hi smb/politics!)

(Un?)luckily for me my dad (barely a football fan really until then, at a push he'd say Barnsley & QPR) knew what needed to happen, and we went to the Safc Millwall Craig Russell show and never looked back. Season ticketed all the way until I discovered girls and a world outside the NE, but hope to always take him to a Christmas game as long as we're both mobile.

Stopped getting us both tickets for the last couple of years under Short and it broke my heart frankly. No qualms admitting I shed a few tears vs Bradford with him this Christmas. (Love Donald and Methven, f***ing love them).

Sunlun til I Die, no idea why, you fuckers are in my blood now for some reason but it's still mum, not mam, so fuck yers.

Family from Houghton, born Sunderland, brought up in Fatfield, 4 years in Scotland, 1 Year in Oz, rest down South, Jnr is MLF, says Come on boys rather than Haway the Lads but can’t fault his effort, both of us there tomorrow.

I'm from Sunderland, live in Durham now, the couple in front of me at the supermarket today were buying the "Ronnie Gill" :evil:, I thought to myself they must be mags, buying that rag :D

Me dad used to come back from work in newcastle and do impressions of all the chronicle sellers he'd heard. That was a massive one, but his best was the dying swan guy outside the train station. Cheers for the reminder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back