Where are you from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's quite surprising how many accents you hear at away games. Before the Bradford game earlier in the season there was a few off here in the pub. There was people from Kent, Romford, Swindon, Hawes and wherever @Bladecat decided he was from that day.

It just goes to show what a cosmopolitan lot we are!

Brought up SR5 now live SR2. If I supported Newcastle I would never call my self a Geordie but would sing along with the maggie songs and anti sunderland chants on matchdays I suppose.

It's quite surprising how many accents you hear at away games. Before the Bradford game earlier in the season there was a few off here in the pub. There was people from Kent, Romford, Swindon, Hawes and wherever @Bladecat decided he was from that day.

Bradford when I went to the bar..... "tuw pints of bitter luv" got me pints cheaper than your dad had to pay:) aided and abetted by @TAFKAHM and his pissed Yorkshire tones

Last edited:
It's absolutely mint when something like that happens.

Yep. We seem to be quite cosmopolitan :)

A hiccup

Last edited:
Does it matter if you are from Sunderland or not ? I live in Sunderland , support Sunderland and have a season ticket but I am not from Sunderland. Does that make me a mag cockney Manc etc ? Certain people on here obviously think to be one of us requires you to speak a certain way !!? BOLLOX !
Just saying .
Jarrow.

Born in sunderland hospital, lived in Penshaw.
Moved to washington when i was 10, and lived there for 40 years.
Now live at Crookhall, just outside Consett. Been here 4 years, and staying put.

I was born and raised in Co Durham, but my 12-year-old was born 3000 miles away - he's only been to the SoL once, when he was 5 months old, to get his picture taken outside, but he's a massive fan. Proudly wears the shirt to school, watches the game with me on a Saturday morning, askes me for updates all week, and yes, he says words like "guys" that would get him dog's abuse on here...he's as much of a fan as some born and bred knackers on here :lol::D

Not sure where i came from or where do i go......Cotton fyas used to ask me the same over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back