What a shit game

Status
Not open for further replies.

When we kept the ball on the floor we played some class football imo. Hit the woodwork 3(?) times. Had many chances to score more, we could have been 4 or 5 up. I don't think they had any half decent chance other than the goal and the chance at the end and they were from silly errors.

Thought the way we played looked very promising. Each to their own though.
You're right, when we keep the ball on the floor and pass it we do look decent. But most the time it's just the same as before, aimless balls everywhere.

At The start of the season i thought we were developing a pattern to our play. That hasn't developed for me. Most the time there is no pattern to our play. We're getting by because we have better players than tje opposition but the football is pretty shit. Hoped for better tbh.

You're right, when we keep the ball on the floor and pass it we do look decent. But most the time it's just the same as before, aimless balls everywhere.

At The start of the season i thought we were developing a pattern to our play. That hasn't developed for me. Most the time there is no pattern to our play. We're getting by because we have better players than tje opposition but the football is pretty shit. Hoped for better tbh.
Articulated the point beautifully.

We won the match. The team was a little off in the first half, yes, but we won. It wasn't a "shit game".
I know we one the match and thanks for clarifying but despite winning, the game was shit and we performed well below are capabilities, as most on this thread would seem to agree. Why do you think otherwise?

Didn’t hear any of this negative atmosphere today like, in fact I thought it was slightly better than it has been tbh

I’m at the back of the south stand/roker end

I know we one the match and thanks for clarifying but despite winning, the game was shit and we performed well below are capabilities, as most on this thread would seem to agree. Why do you think otherwise?

I don't disagree that we played beneath our capabilities in the first half, but we came back, won, and remain in third place. You said our performances were getting worse, but as evidenced by our position in the table, I'd say this is either incorrect or irrelevant.

I don't disagree that we played beneath our capabilities in the first half, but we came back, won, and remain in third place. You said our performances were getting worse, but as evidenced by our position in the table, I'd say this is either incorrect or irrelevant.
You’re confusing performances with results. I would therefore conclude that it is you who is both incorrect and indeed irrelevant.

It will. And no, we weren't great. But we weren't 'shit' either.
I said the game was shit. How many more times can a single poster be wrong in one thread?

Last edited:
Thought we knocked it about well at times. Teams will raise their game against us and find that little extra energy. We might not be great on the eye as much, but sitting third with games in hand to go top. Bit perspective needed lads and lasses from where the club looked to be heading.

Why were we playing one upfront with no close support in any shape or form against one of the poorest teams in the league
We were negative and didn’t attack or build as a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back