What a shit game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looked like a cracking game for the neutrals going by the highlights. We hit the bar a few times and a post, they hit the bar twice iirc. We were attacking most of the game and should have scored 3 or 4, they could have snatched a point at the death.. but... we hung on.

Some fuckers are never happy man. They moan even when we win. :rolleyes:

We're grinding out wins and have lost 1 all season. What more can you ask for. We've been excellent.
We haven't though. Results have been good. If we'd been excellent we'd be pissing this league.

You're right, when we keep the ball on the floor and pass it we do look decent. But most the time it's just the same as before, aimless balls everywhere.

At The start of the season i thought we were developing a pattern to our play. That hasn't developed for me. Most the time there is no pattern to our play. We're getting by because we have better players than tje opposition but the football is pretty shit. Hoped for better tbh.
Agreed. We need to keep it on the floor and pass more accurately. Punting it forward amounts to giving the ball away. How many of those high 40-yard crossfield balls come off? Our midfielders don't seem to be able to turn and run with the ball. Just taking it 10 yards up the field opens up all kinds of new angles and channels for a through ball.
People piss and moan about Majas hold up play, but we're asking the kid to do something where he is battling the odds all the time, playing with his back to goal against big defenders and the ball flying at his head. He needs to be able to run at defences because he has great control and composure (like yesterday). Similarly with Watmore, he needs the ball played in front of him to exploit his pace. Maybe Jack can buy some midfield creativity next month, because that is the thing most lacking at the moment.
Still, we can't complain about the results, and it's great to see the Lads come from behind, which didn't happen much in recent years.

Last edited:
When we kept the ball on the floor we played some class football imo. Hit the woodwork 3(?) times. Had many chances to score more, we could have been 4 or 5 up. I don't think they had any half decent chance other than the goal and the chance at the end and they were from silly errors.

Thought the way we played looked very promising. Each to their own though.
Always the case, mate. When we play to feet we look great. Just need to do it from the start every game. Don't know why we don't. It's a bit like the old Rocky films where he let's his opponent batter the shit out him and then when all seems lost he turns on the style;)

Agreed. We need to keep it on the floor and pass more accurately. Punting it forward amounts to giving the ball away. How many of those high 40-yard crossfield balls come off? Our midfielders don't seem to be able to turn and run with the ball. Just taking it 10 yards up the field opens up all kinds of new angles and channels for a through ball.
People piss and moan about Majas hold up play, but we're asking the kid to do something where he is battling the odds all the time, playing with his back to goal against big defenders and the ball flying at his head. He needs to be able to run at defences because he has great control and composure (like yesterday). Similarly with Watmore, he needs the ball played in front of him to exploit his pace. Maybe Jack can buy some midfield creativity next month, because that is the thing most lacking at the moment.
Still, we can't complain about the results, and it's great to see the Lads come from behind, which didn't happen much in recent years.
Perfectly articulated, and exactly how I see things.

The other team in the league has to deal with this. No disrespect to any other team in this league but we are by far and away the biggest club in this division and every team raises their game when they play us. Technically we have better players but we can struggle when teams turn it into a battle. If a team fancies a game of football we will batter them so they have to turn it into a scrap.
Biggest club by far yes but 3 decent players and the rest are shite

Atmosphere was really bad today for some reason, thought it might be the weather.

In my opinion today followed a very similar formula to other games this season.. Slow start, then after 35 minutes a goal for us seems inevitable... By the end if that shot that hit the crossbar went in it would have been a travesty. We've played worse than that and still won.
I thought the atmosphere was 100 x better than it has been in the last 3 home games. Southend and Barnsley were really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back