What a shit game

1-0 down and we win 2-1, I'm a happy chappy, played good football in spells, I think sometimes we hold onto the ball to long, Matthews at the end and rovers go on to hit the bar!
We hold onto the ball too long??? Id say the absolute opposite is our problem. Our biggest problem for years has been keeping hold of the damn thing. We just aimlessly give it away. Always have done.

I'm yet to see a side cope with us when we get the ball down and move it quickly, then a change of pace with some clever movement we open teams up and create chances.

Even at 1-0 down today when we upped the tempo in the final third we created good goalscoring chances.

Actually interested to know where we might strengthen with better players?

I reckon with Flanagan back and (only in my view) McGeouch in for Power that's probably our strongest 11. And with Watmore, Maguire and Wyke to come in its pretty good.
I was talking to someone earlier tonight. In a week or two Jack is going to have to choose four from McGeady, Honeyman, Gooch, Maja, Maguire, Wyke, Sinclair and Watmore. Nice problem.

I'm yet to see a side cope with us when we get the ball down and move it quickly, then a change of pace with some clever movement we open teams up and create chances.

Even at 1-0 down today when we upped the tempo in the final third we created good goalscoring chances.
Teams in this division can't cope with any side that can keep the ball. They end up chasing it and losing their shape. I wish we could keep the ball a bit better

Well I'm not going to give someone else's opinion marra

If the equaliser had come on 40 minutes I'm convinced we'd have been going into half-time at least 2-1 up

When we got the ball on the deck we looked good.

Too many little dink’s and long passes though. In those kinds of conditions the ball in the air is totally unpredictable.

I thought we looked a bit slow in midfield at times. Catts started really slow and Power didn’t have his best game either.

We also lost half of our regular back 4 and then the keeper went off too to make matters worse.

We will get better.

Couldn’t agree more.

Back