What a shit game

You’re confusing performances with results. I would therefore conclude that it is you who is both incorrect and indeed irrelevant.

I said the game was shit. How many more times can a single poster be wrong in one thread?

Well, first off, I didn't say you were irrelevant. You are quite relevant and I didn't mean to touch a nerve. Apologies if I've done so.

As to the second bit, I'm just tired of the black and white exaggeration on here. We were a little off the mark today, but we weren't shit.

Results wise you can't knock this season at all. Only lost 1 game in 20, and the only team in the country to score in all of our league games. The fans are finally seeing us win some games and there's a general buzz again despite the fact we're at park football level!

But I do think it's fair to say that our points haul probably flatters us. But you can't knock winning whilst not playing great. Let's enjoy the moment - if we go up let's worry about that then, we need to be back in the Championship ASAP and we are in a great position to do that.

Well, first off, I didn't say you were irrelevant. You are quite relevant and I didn't mean to touch a nerve. Apologies if I've done so.

As to the second bit, I'm just tired of the black and white exaggeration on here. We were a little off the mark today, but we weren't shit.
Why do you keep saying I said we were shit? I didn’t say it in the original post and I’ve even helped you out by reiterating this a few posts ago and yet you continue to persue this same line. Are you OK?

Why do you keep saying I said we were shit? I didn’t say it in the original post and I’ve even helped you out by reiterating this a few posts ago and yet you continue to persue this same line. Are you OK?

Sorry. You said it was a shit game; my mistake. But I don't think it was; I think you were exaggerating.

Yep, agree. We should be strengthening with better players in January to push us over the line
Actually interested to know where we might strengthen with better players?

I reckon with Flanagan back and (only in my view) McGeouch in for Power that's probably our strongest 11. And with Watmore, Maguire and Wyke to come in its pretty good.

I'd prefer the performances to improve and the wins coming in a more comfortable manner
Absolutely marra, we all would. Playing teams off the park and running away with it would be great. However apart from when we were 2 nil down at Walsall I've never felt we were out of any game, even when we were behind. I'm convinced that we'll go up, we might even win the league. Feel free to tell me I was talking shite come May. :p

You can't play good football in this division. The standard is appalling. It's all about the results which thankfully we are getting.

Sorry. You said it was a shit game; my mistake. But I don't think it was; I think you were exaggerating.
Now you’ve acknowledged that I didn’t say we were shit, you’ve now shifted your argument to the quality of the game. Sometimes it’s easier to admit when you’ve made an arse of yourself rather than argue yourself into deeper arseholery.

Actually interested to know where we might strengthen with better players?

I reckon with Flanagan back and (only in my view) McGeouch in for Power that's probably our strongest 11. And with Watmore, Maguire and Wyke to come in its pretty good.
Not a chance Mcgeouch is better than Power mind. He's looked a little apprehensive since he's red that wasn't, but he's still one of our best players and just needs to get his confidence back a bit, which he seems the type to do pretty quickly.

Now you’ve acknowledged that I didn’t say we were shit, you’ve now shifted your argument to the quality of the game. Sometimes it’s easier to admit when you’ve made an arse of yourself rather than argue yourself into deeper arseholery.

Jesus, man. Read back on this thread and you'll see where I backed off and tried to take this into less-personal territory, but you're insisting on angling it into a fight. :confused:

Sorry I've put you off, but I think my argument has been relatively salient. If you'd like to continue on that vein, I welcome the conversation.

Not a chance Mcgeouch is better than Power mind. He's looked a little apprehensive since he's red that wasn't, but he's still one of our best players and just needs to get his confidence back a bit, which he seems the type to do pretty quickly.
No problem with different views. I know I'm in a minority but I like McGeouch and think we have a better balance with him in the team. But still interested when people say we need to strngthen - where exactly?

I’m massively enjoying this season and think we’re certain to go up in second place but by Christ some of the performances this season wouldn’t have seen us destroyed at championship level.

No problem with different views. I know I'm in a minority but I like McGeouch and think we have a better balance with him in the team. But still interested when people say we need to strngthen - where exactly?
I think Mcgeouch is steady enough mate and certainly wasn't 1 of these who said he was shite after 2 games. Decent enough, but imo Cattermole and Power are our best midfield pairing.

I’m massively enjoying this season and think we’re certain to go up in second place but by Christ some of the performances this season wouldn’t have seen us destroyed at championship level.

Just think that’s this league to be honest. We have quality up front and in goal which is usually good enough. Mostly shit with the odd flash of quality.

Back