Weight Loss 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have wrote this post a while ago. At my heaviest I was 13st 7 and never really considered myself to be 'fat' but looking at pictures now I was

It's took nearly two years but I'm 10st 7 now and feel massively different

Definitely hasn't been easy and there have been blips but by using myfitnesspal and doing firstly couch to 5k then carrying on running roughly 3 times a week has led to my weight loss

Still have a bit of stubborn fat round my middle which I can't seem to shift but much happier and feel a million times better in myself
I've started running again but I need to do someexcercise with less impact as I get bad pain in my knees and ankles if I run too often.

Down to 13 stone 12.75lbs at month end which represents an overall loss for the month of June which is pleasing as I had a week abroad when I didn’t hold back on food or drink.

Right back at it now and on track to be 12 stone something by year end which would be lowest I’ve weighed since I left school 17 years ago.

Feel so much better now and can’t believe how far I’d let myself slip but I’m happy with where I am now and what’s to come and that’s the main thing!

Anyone got any tips for easy meal prepping?

I found at first it was easy to stick to simple stuff like chicken, rice and veg or fish, sweet potato and a green veg as these are easy to prep in bulk in advance for lunches. For tea I would have chicken or fish cooked in advance then I would just have to knock up a bit salad which is quick and easy rather than coming in hungry and snacking.

Im really struggling im trying to eat better but the anti depressants im on make me hungry

When I’m really feeling like I need a big feed I’ll make mince and dumplings or shepherds pie, make it with all fresh veg and don’t use potatoes I use sweet potatoes and swede and then make mash with that.

Feels like I’m having a massive feed but I’m eating loads of veg with a bit of gravy essentially which isn’t great but a whole lot better than eating a takeaway.

If anybody knows where I could get clenbuterol for a friend of mine who has asthma and uses the gym please PM me

2 weeks in to boot camp and I'm 8lb down. Really pleased with that as I've had 2 weekends out as well which were booked well in advance of starting. I set myself a target of 20lb, I'm off on holiday in 3 weeks and would love to think I can do it by then.
I'm really enjoying the classes as well, I find I'm giving 100% every time whereas if I just took myself to the gym I know I would take it easy when I felt worn out or didn't have the motivation. Even in just 2 weeks I can feel my fitness has improved drastically, there's exercises I'm doing now that I couldn't when I started. 2 weeks before my 2nd official weigh in and measure up so giving it everything between now and then(even staying off the drink).

I’ve just started. No way am I putting my starting weight on here as it’s horrifying :lol:

Had years of back problems and have had surgery on it so I’ve been terrified of exercising in case I hurt it again. The biggest barrier is the mental one.

Went to the gym for the first time in about 8 years yesterday and my mate who’s a power lifter helped show me the ropes. Woke up this morning and every single muscle aches - apart from my back. I’m so happy about that but also disappointed in myself for letting fear stop me previously.

I’ve just started. No way am I putting my starting weight on here as it’s horrifying :lol:

Had years of back problems and have had surgery on it so I’ve been terrified of exercising in case I hurt it again. The biggest barrier is the mental one.

Went to the gym for the first time in about 8 years yesterday and my mate who’s a power lifter helped show me the ropes. Woke up this morning and every single muscle aches - apart from my back. I’m so happy about that but also disappointed in myself for letting fear stop me previously.

I'm in a not to dissimilar situation following back surgery, im a few weeks in to being back at the gym, the things I'm finding really put a strain on my back are things like sit ups and core exercises. We've been doing a good bit of weights this week and I've been super careful with posture and it hasn't hurt like I thought it would. You can tell the people who have never hurt their back by the way they pick things up(i know, I sound like a company health and safety video there).

I started at 346lbs mate. 24 stone 10. Never be ashamed of where you start. Just focus on where you'll finish.

I started at 346lbs mate. 24 stone 10. Never be ashamed of where you start. Just focus on where you'll finish.

Cheers. I’m hoping to lose 40-50 kilos overall but my problem is that because I’ve been so unused to moving and training, the first 6-12 weeks are likely to be taken up with sorting my posture and strengthening my lower back.

I’m still gutted at myself for being so afraid of hurting my back again that I’ve basically wasted the last 4-5 years by not losing weight when I’ve found that now I’m being shown what to do by someone who knows what they’re doing, my back is pain free after lifting and training.

Cheers. I’m hoping to lose 40-50 kilos overall but my problem is that because I’ve been so unused to moving and training, the first 6-12 weeks are likely to be taken up with sorting my posture and strengthening my lower back.

I’m still gutted at myself for being so afraid of hurting my back again that I’ve basically wasted the last 4-5 years by not losing weight when I’ve found that now I’m being shown what to do by someone who knows what they’re doing, my back is pain free after lifting and training.

Definitely doing the right things for starters by the sound of it mate, a lot of people do too much too soon and give up because they’ve pushed too much or don’t have proper technique and injure themselves.

I bet you see some canny results from that first 12 weeks anyway just based on being more active, keep us all updated!

Definitely doing the right things for starters by the sound of it mate, a lot of people do too much too soon and give up because they’ve pushed too much or don’t have proper technique and injure themselves.

I bet you see some canny results from that first 12 weeks anyway just based on being more active, keep us all updated!

I’ve been going for just about a fortnight now, every couple of days just to let the worst of the aches die down after each session :lol:

I’m glad I’ve done something about it now rather than using my back as an excuse forever.

I’ve been going for just about a fortnight now, every couple of days just to let the worst of the aches die down after each session :lol:

I’m glad I’ve done something about it now rather than using my back as an excuse forever.

I hid behind Crohns as a reason for not eating better for a while and then got my arse into gear in January with both food and exercise, I’m flying now, class feeling once you can see and feel progress, won’t be long for you!

I went too hard when I first started working out and ended up having to stop here and there to heal one injury or another. I've taken a breath, accepted that I'm an old man, and slowed my pace. I've been able to work out more consistently now and I'm making even more strides by going slow and steady instead of trying to rush to get results.

You're doing the right thing, so keep up the good work. Best of luck!

I've been doing a clinical trial for a year and and most people on it (there's a forum) have put weight on (those not on the placebo).

I think the drug (which isn't working unfortunately) makes you retain more water (ankles swelling) as well as increasing appetite. It tastes like calpol too so that's probably not helping either.

Anyway upshot is I've put on about 11lbs in the year, reached 15 stone and drew a line in the sand. 34 inch jeans are getting tight and I'm not buying the next size up! I can't really exercise much (condition linked to trial) so I'm cutting out evening treats and cutting back on drinking. I've bought some Michelob light, 73 calories per bottle and going to have 1 or 2 bottles twice a week.

After 12 days I've lost 5 lbs, down to 14 stone 9 this morning. However, the wheels are coming off today as I'm off to the match and a few beers.

Hopefully I'm only about a pound more come Monday. Moving in the right direction at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back