Weight Loss 2019

If (and it’s a big ‘if’ as the scales at the gym and my house are wildly different!) the scales at home are accurate then I’m down about 4 kilos so far.

Also managing some heavier weights than I ever expected or imagined possible - 110 kilo pull downs without any bad effects on my back which I’m over the moon about.

Lost another 5 lbs, down to 14 stone 4. Jeans are much easier to fasten, looking a little better in the kite region.

I had a good drink at the match on Saturday, put a pound on but that will soon come off. Hopefully get down to 14 stone within the next 2 weeks.

Made it!

I lost another pound in a week then after the bank holiday weekend I was up to slightly over the above.

I've had a busy couple of days doing DIY, got on the scales this morning and I'm 14 stone! Shocked :)

It's ages since I checked in on here due to holidays so hope everyone is doing well.
Got weighed at the gym today and I've put loads back on, in fact having lost over 14lb I've put nearly 8 back on thanks to holiday over indulgence. I've agreed to a month long challenge at the gym to loose 12lb and get back on track. Was all going great until one of the lads rang and said we're all going on the piss next weekend. I'll just have to double my efforts.

Dropped to 19st3lbs. Weight is moving a bit slower since I started lifting the weights and doing 20-30min cardio afterwards but I feel and look a lot better as a result. Think I'm gonna dedicate one day a week purely to cardio though going forward.

Picked up a pretty basic full body weights program that I do every time I'm at the gym (usually 4-5x per week), had a refeed and had about 3-4 cardio days since the quoted post and I'm 18 stone 3 as of this morning. Our lass' (no) birthday this weekend so we're going for a meal tomorrow night and a night out Saturday. Mentally prepared to be a few pounds heavier come Monday morning but also mentally prepared to push it to the limit next week. Happy with progress so far.

Picked up a pretty basic full body weights program that I do every time I'm at the gym (usually 4-5x per week), had a refeed and had about 3-4 cardio days since the quoted post and I'm 18 stone 3 as of this morning. Our lass' (no) birthday this weekend so we're going for a meal tomorrow night and a night out Saturday. Mentally prepared to be a few pounds heavier come Monday morning but also mentally prepared to push it to the limit next week. Happy with progress so far.
It'll be mainly water retention. I like a good blow out every so often. Makes you work harder.

It’s amazing how the weight comes off when you’re not stressed out of your box.

I came home from a stag do in March, got on the scales, saw I was 16st 3lbs and immediately went for a run. I got down to 15st 11lbs by the end of August but was struggling for motivation terribly due to stress at work (which was how I went from 14st to 16st 3 since the start of 2017 in the first place) alongside working my 3 months notice.

Since I started my new job (which it now transpires is more money for less responsibility) at the start of the month I’ve dropped to 15st 8lbs. It’s slightly quicker than I would have liked (probably due to MyFitnessPal not adding back calories for strength workouts) but just goes to show how a clear head helps weight loss.
I'm a lager drinker, I don't do real ale shite
Even on mass-produced generic lager standards, it tastes shite.

Last edited:

I came home from a stag do in March, got on the scales, saw I was 16st 3lbs and immediately went for a run. I got down to 15st 11lbs by the end of August but was struggling for motivation terribly due to stress at work (which was how I went from 14st to 16st 3 since the start of 2017 in the first place) alongside working my 3 months notice.

Since I started my new job (which it now transpires is more money for less responsibility) at the start of the month I’ve dropped to 15st 8lbs. It’s slightly quicker than I would have liked (probably due to MyFitnessPal not adding back calories for strength workouts) but just goes to show how a clear head helps weight loss.

Just a little treat and it's better than being tee total.

I'm down to 13 st 11 this morning. Slowed right up but still moving in the right direction.

Great work on the progress fella - Layne Norton regularly says that we can't disassociate psychology and physiology in his podcast.

I found this working in an audit practice of a Big 4 firm - to cope with the pressure my go to was calorie dense (nutrient free!) food to get me through that next project - not very sustainable though.

Do you feel as if the rapid weight loss is negatively impacting on your strength training?

Great work on the progress fella - Layne Norton regularly says that we can't disassociate psychology and physiology in his podcast.

I found this working in an audit practice of a Big 4 firm - to cope with the pressure my go to was calorie dense (nutrient free!) food to get me through that next project - not very sustainable though.

Do you feel as if the rapid weight loss is negatively impacting on your strength training?
Not particularly, I’ve not stalled or regressed at anything yet even though I had a couple of 2 week breaks during the summer (one for holiday and one using the excuse of my tattoo healing), I’m just aware that too fast a weight loss can affect muscle mass and I want to retain as much as possible. I’ve hit my protein targets for most of the last weeks.

Didn’t realise you were an accountant - snap!

Not particularly, I’ve not stalled or regressed at anything yet even though I had a couple of 2 week breaks during the summer (one for holiday and one using the excuse of my tattoo healing), I’m just aware that too fast a weight loss can affect muscle mass and I want to retain as much as possible. I’ve hit my protein targets for most of the last weeks.

Didn’t realise you were an accountant - snap!

There are loads of us on here! I've found swimming has been superb for my body in general, can't rate it highly enough for both fat loss and strength gain

I’ve hit my protein targets for most of the last weeks.

See, I track macros as well and I'm struggling a bit with this. In theory hitting protein should be easy but it comes with fat too so increase protein and increase fat.
Do those protein shake things have carbs in? I generally find I can balance a couple but it's harder to balance all 3. I also struggle to hit my calories for days, I know that sounds daft but I often get to the end of the day, not being hungry but being way short of my, 1900 calorie target(eg today, I've got about 800 going spare). I don't want to shovel crap down just to hit a target. Think I need to get a better mix of food in the house.

See, I track macros as well and I'm struggling a bit with this. In theory hitting protein should be easy but it comes with fat too so increase protein and increase fat.
Do those protein shake things have carbs in? I generally find I can balance a couple but it's harder to balance all 3. I also struggle to hit my calories for days, I know that sounds daft but I often get to the end of the day, not being hungry but being way short of my, 1900 calorie target(eg today, I've got about 800 going spare). I don't want to shovel crap down just to hit a target. Think I need to get a better mix of food in the house.
How TF are you managing to eat 1100 calories all day! Mine’s set to 2310 and it’s not unusual to go a little over (although as I said before I’m only really doing strength training at the moment so MFP doesn’t count extra calories for it).

I’ve started think of re-jigging my lunches. Replacing my carb-heavy oatcakes and peanut butter with chicken/egg salad, once I’ve finished this box of oatcakes.

I also bought some lean beef escalopes from Sainsbury’s to have instead of breaded chicken when we have “freezer stuff” for tea and I’ve hit my protein target and then some today.

How TF are you managing to eat 1100 calories all day! Mine’s set to 2310 and it’s not unusual to go a little over (although as I said before I’m only really doing strength training at the moment so MFP doesn’t count extra calories for it).

I’ve started think of re-jigging my lunches. Replacing my carb-heavy oatcakes and peanut butter with chicken/egg salad, once I’ve finished this box of oatcakes.

I also bought some lean beef escalopes from Sainsbury’s to have instead of breaded chicken when we have “freezer stuff” for tea and I’ve hit my protein target and then some today.
Last couple of days I've been having salads for lunch, which is saving on calories and carbs and I've been adding chicken or ham to give protein. Breakfast is normally eggs, if I have carbs for lunch(like pasta or rice), I'll try and do away with the carbs at tea time otherwise I end up overloading. I had a chat with one of the instructors at my gym who advised swapping snacks like apples/bananas for something like a protein yogurt, this does help a bit but dam it I like bananas!!

I was in this position a little bit ago, started adding little snack packs of nuts into my snacks, usually 150-200 cals and improving my protein. Peanut butter is excellent too if I’m snacking later on.

15st 5 and 3/4lbs today which is a 5 and 3/4lbs loss since the start of the month.

Next week will be my first “proper” challenge because I’m off to Glasgow with a mate to see King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard which will probably mean McDonalds or something for tea so need to make sure I work the rest of my calories around that.

15st 5 and 3/4lbs today which is a 5 and 3/4lbs loss since the start of the month.

Next week will be my first “proper” challenge because I’m off to Glasgow with a mate to see King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard which will probably mean McDonalds or something for tea so need to make sure I work the rest of my calories around that.
Why a McDonalds?

Back