The Super spoilery Star Wars : The Last Jedi spoilers thread *don't even put your mouse over it*

It wasn't the quality which both appalled and bored me it was the content.

I didn't like it but I'm also concerned at how much the broflakes have been shitting the bed about it. Feels like they would have forgiven the shit plot, wonky dialogue, poor characters and pacing if there hadn't been so many women and ethnics in it. And, er, if Luke hadn't milked an animal

I didn't like it but I'm also concerned at how much the broflakes have been shitting the bed about it. Feels like they would have forgiven the shit plot, wonky dialogue, poor characters and pacing if there hadn't been so many women and ethnics in it. And, er, if Luke hadn't milked an animal
I spent most of the film trying to work out if Carrie Fisher's scenes had been shot before or after she was dead.

Like you keep ignoring, go and look at the overwhelmingly negative reviews that are generated every single day on Rotten Tomatoes, many of which don't mention politics at all. Even you agree it is a bad film. You just have got your back up because a lot of sharp comment and well made observations about the blatant political content in the film. You have absolutely no argument and have resorted to citing daft articles as evidence of the 'alt-right' influence on the bad review even though you agree the film is bad. At what point do you back away from your own politics and start accepting that not liking the film is acceptable and that making observations on how the rather blatant political content contributes to ruining the film is acceptable as well?

The alternate opening shot would have been a vastly better selection. That looks like something that may have been shot in a pickup.

That additional shot with Luke cutting to Leia is the only shot actually like Luke, very close to the way he played in in the cut shots from Return of the Jedi as well as some of the fighting scenes. If they had included that at least we would have had one moment of continuity in his character. Bad decision to cut on the caretaker passing shot as well. They should definitely kept the raid scene in as well. it actually shows a bit of actual training. From "Seriously..." onwards they should have cut.

I have no idea what they were thinking with that horse riding thing. That whole planet should have been a spin off film. It is a Star Wars film, not ET.

When they are on the Imperial ship, when they get into the lift, if they cut that just before the trooper started looking at him and they cut to straight as they get off that would have made it a worthwhile scene.

The alternate Phasma death scene is a stupid bit of hackery to try and make up for the gaint plot hole of her easily complying with shutting down the shields in 'The Force Awakens', better off cut.

Also, from the work-in-progress shots it seems apparently that Rose Tico's face is naturally a lot rounder than it was in the final film. I think they may have massively slimmed down her face in post-production.

Also, from the work-in-progress shots it seems apparently that Rose Tico's face is naturally a lot rounder than it was in the final film. I think they may have massively slimmed down her face in post-production.

I think she looks the same.

If they have done something then it's a really good job and not a Superman's tache.

I think she looks the same.

If they have done something then it's a really good job and not a Superman's tache.

Superman's moustache was a third rate job done in ridiculous circumstances in a stupidly short time frame in an area of the face that you would struggle to make convincing in the best possible scenario. Slimming down the face can be done a lot more subtlety. The problem is not the face it is the background to the face. In some shots she seems to have heavy contouring makeup applied.

They did some facial tweaking as far back as 'Revenge of the Sith.' The facial tweaks completed on Sebastian Shaw's shots at around the same time for the DVD release of 'Return of the Jedi' were also extremely well done for such a difficult area.

Back