The Super spoilery Star Wars : The Last Jedi spoilers thread *don't even put your mouse over it*

i may regret this...

At what point do you back away from your own politics and start accepting that not liking the film is acceptable and that making observations on how the rather blatant political content contributes to ruining the film is acceptable as well?

you can't split the two. i don't like the film for its mary poppins in space running through quick sand not going anywhere narrative. however, people slate this & the last one purely because of a black storm trooper and strong female leads. as if carrie fisher hadnt been there first, but at least she wore a metal bikini so that the same complaints can knock one out in the privacy of their own spunk pit.

I'm also concerned at how much the broflakes have been shitting the bed about it.
change.org must be so proud their platform is being put to such worthwhile life altering use. they must be gutted they missed the suffragette movement by almost 100 years.

Last edited:

i may regret this...

you can't split the two. i don't like the film for its mary poppins in space running through quick sand not going anywhere narrative. however, people slate this & the last one purely because of a black storm trooper and strong female leads. as if carrie fisher hadnt been there first, but at least she wore a metal bikini so that the same complaints can knock one out in the privacy of their own spunk pit.

Theree might be some people, a tiny, tiny, tiny majority that solely dislike the film for a black stormtrooper and what they may perceive to be strong female leads, but the Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews clearly show that other reasons form the majority of the criticism.

I think it is hard to argue that the female leads are strong characters, by the way. They are terrible facile unrealistic two dimensional characters, not strong characters.

i may regret this...

change.org must be so proud their platform is being put to such worthwhile life altering use. they must be gutted they missed the suffragette movement by almost 100 years.

Surely you can split the two. I’ve took the biggest huff out of anyone with regards to the last jedi but the reason I hate it has nowt to do with the number of leading women or ethnic actors.

Surely you can split the two. I’ve took the biggest huff out of anyone with regards to the last jedi but the reason I hate it has nowt to do with the number of leading women or ethnic actors.

This cuts both ways. While there is considerable evidence that the alt.right has taken this up as their latest excuse for harassing people online, obviously the majority of people who don’t like the film just don’t like it because they didn’t think it was a very good film and shouldn’t be lumped in with the arseholes.

At the same time, there are people who are arguing the above point that they shouldn’t be lumped in with the alt.right for not liking the film, while simultaneously trying to argue that the number of people who dislike the film supports their ridiculous argument that the reason it’s a bad film is because it’s ramming a “Social Justice Warrior” agenda down our throats.

Like the film, don’t like the film, people are entitled to their opinions. But you cannot ignore a section of people are absolutely gravy-staining their bedsheets over a particular subset of Hollywood’s increasingly pisspoor output but didn’t have a single word to say about the shit remakes and blockbusters that didn’t give more prominent roles to women and ethnic minorities.

This cuts both ways. While there is considerable evidence that the alt.right has taken this up as their latest excuse for harassing people online, obviously the majority of people who don’t like the film just don’t like it because they didn’t think it was a very good film and shouldn’t be lumped in with the arseholes.

At the same time, there are people who are arguing the above point that they shouldn’t be lumped in with the alt.right for not liking the film, while simultaneously trying to argue that the number of people who dislike the film supports their ridiculous argument that the reason it’s a bad film is because it’s ramming a “Social Justice Warrior” agenda down our throats.

Like the film, don’t like the film, people are entitled to their opinions. But you cannot ignore a section of people are absolutely gravy-staining their bedsheets over a particular subset of Hollywood’s increasingly pisspoor output but didn’t have a single word to say about the shit remakes and blockbusters that didn’t give more prominent roles to women and ethnic minorities.

Ah right I see what you mean now.

Hamill has now hinted very strongly he'll be back as a Force Ghost for Episode IX.

Grumpy Old Luke haunting Kylo Ren will be class like.

Hamill has now hinted very strongly he'll be back as a Force Ghost for Episode IX.

Grumpy Old Luke haunting Kylo Ren will be class like.

I think it was always on the cards that he would be back as a force ghost. The wise old master who can't interfere but still guiding the young hero. That is pretty much the basis of a samurai story, which is what Lucas always said Star Wars was.

... But you cannot ignore a section of people are absolutely gravy-staining their bedsheets over a particular subset of Hollywood’s increasingly pisspoor output but didn’t have a single word to say about the shit remakes and blockbusters that didn’t give more prominent roles to women and ethnic minorities.

Do you have any examples please?

Main thing that pissed me off was Snoke. Imo he was the most interesting character, who was he? Where was he from? How did he meet Kylo?
How come he was so force powerful? And how the fuck could he not sense that lightsaber stirring right next to him ffs?!
When he'd just spent 10 mins literally toying with Rey, and basically spent the movie manipulating her and Ren into skyping each other across the galaxy, he was that powerful yet couldn't sense Kylo wanting to cut him in half!

Rian Johnson basically made Leia into Mary Poppins.
Luke it a grumpy old kernt who milks tits.
Chewbacca eats a space penguin and flies about a bit.
Oh and Phasma was still shite.

Absolutely shoddy writing imo.

Last edited:
Do you have any examples please?

Total Recall
Point Break
RoboCop
Justice League
Batman Vs Superman
Suicide Squad
Day of the Dead (2008)
Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Clash of the Titans
Die Hard 4
Die Hard 5
Arthur
Stepford Wives
Assault on Precinct 13
Conan the Barbarian
Fame
Alfie
Get Carter
The Italian Job
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Ladykillers
Carrie
The Wicker Man
Evil Dead
Fantastic Four
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Independence Day Resurgence
Red Dawn
The Pink Panther
The Mummy
Dirty Dancing
Footloose
Invasion
The Fog
Rollerball
Poseidon
Around the World in 80 Days
The Omen
The Hitcher
Amityville Horror
Mr Deeds
Longest Yard
Poltergeist
Fright Night
Manchurian Candidate
Straw Dogs
The Hills Have Eyes
The Day The Earth Stood Still
The Thing
Old Boy

Main thing that pissed me off was Snoke. Imo he was the most interesting character, who was he? Where was he from? How did he meet Kylo?
How come he was so force powerful? And how the fuck could he not sense that lightsaber stirring right next to him ffs?!
When he'd just spent 10 mins literally toying with Rey, and basically spent the movie manipulating her and Ren into skyping each other across the galaxy, he was that powerful yet couldn't sense Kylo wanting to cut him in half!

That whole scene killed off any depth to the characters. Where did Snoke come from, how was he able to turn Ren to the dark side? Did he have any involvement with Vader and Palpatine or was he from something even older? Were the JEDI ever aware of him? Oh no, any back story hope killed off there and then. And to boot, Rey - what is her back story, who are her parents, why was she dumped on not-tatooine? She was a nobody, well there is that killed off to.

When you consider that Poe has nothing, apart from being a good pilot, Fin is the only one with any story or depth and that is pretty weak really. He seemed to do every menial job in the New Order before being a Stormtrooper and quitting. Even Phasma, why was she different?

All these things were being set up nicely but unfortunately have been made almost into a puppet show. The did not really exist before the start of the film, they just turn up, perform for the camera and that is it until the next instalment.

Very quickly in Episode IV, you had some of the history of Obi Wan, Luke, Han, Leia, not much about Vader, and some history of the droids.

When you consider that Poe has nothing, apart from being a good pilot, Fin is the only one with any story or depth and that is pretty weak really. He seemed to do every menial job in the New Order before being a Stormtrooper and quitting. Even Phasma, why was she different?

Rode around on a pantomime AT-AT during World In Motion when Keith Allen wasn't available?

Back