The Rock/Metal thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw him twice at the City hall. An excellent fit for the band. Should have recorded new music with him. He learned their set in 24 hours when they called him up to replace Steve Augeri who`s voice had gone.
He`s a very, very versatile singer who can do everything from Soul to Metal, melodic Rock to Funk.

Yep i was at that gig too, he didnt seem comfortable with Journey though, Augeri and Pineda are much better fits for them. The Arrival album with Augeri has some great songs on it imo, better than both the Pineda ones for me

Yep i was at that gig too, he didnt seem comfortable with Journey though, Augeri and Pineda are much better fits for them. The Arrival album with Augeri has some great songs on it imo, better than both the Pineda ones for me
I think he brought a more Rocky edge to the band. Could have taken them in a slightly different direction but I suppose that`s not what Schon and Cain wanted. Enjoyed those shows very much but was also hugely impressed by Augeri when I saw them up in Edinburgh. I think Revelation with Pineda on vocals is excellent too, Where Did I lose Your Love, After All These Years, What I Needed, What It Takes To Win are as good as anything they`ve done in their heyday. Really, really good songs well played and well sung. Arrival with Augeri was indeed an excellent album too. I really like them both.

Where at?
The Riverside, Newcastle on 22nd May

Last edited:
I think he brought a more Rocky edge to the band. Could have taken them in a slightly different direction but I suppose that`s not what Schon and Cain wanted. Enjoyed those shows very much but was also hugely impressed by Augeri when I saw them up in Edinburgh. I think Revelation with Pineda on vocals is excellent too, Where Did I lose Your Love, After All These Years, What I Needed, What It Takes To Win are as good as anything they`ve done in their heyday. Really, really good songs well played and well sung. Arrival with Augeri was indeed an excellent album too. I really like them both.

Yep agree totally with you. I was at that Edinburgh gig too when Augeri was on vocals. !! The live DVD they brought out with him I prefer to those with Arnel.

Anyone listened to Ice T's metal spin off Body Count? New album bloodlust is class.

Oh, and Youmeatsix were f***ing class last week at the O2....cannot believe they're only 26! Debut album came out when they were 16 :eek:

Any good gigs on at smaller local venues in May lads?
April
12th Hep(PE) - O2
17th Mutilated Judge/Deathbus/Prolefeed - Pop Recs Sunderland
17th Vodun - Trillians
17th Bury Tomorrow - Riverside
19th Triaxis - Free Trillians
20th M2 the masses heat - Trillians
22nd Quireboys - Riverside
23 rd Solothus /Seprevation/Decrepid / Live Burial - mix of doom and death bands - Trillians
29th Souls of Jack Ketch/Iron Altar/ Dirty King - The Globe Newcastle

May
20th The Mission (ok not metal but I'm going) O2
22nd Monster Magnet - Riverside
25th Asomvel / Stilleto Farm - free trillains
26th Geomancer/Archelon - doom/post metal - Central Bar Gateshead
30th Ranger / Insurgency/Starborn - heavy metal - Trillians

I think it was in this thread we were talking about The Distillers and how good Brody Dalle is/was, just found this on YouTube. Pretty much flawless. And WAD btw. All owa.

Underoath were class last night. Pretty cool seeing one of the first bands that got me into heavy music.

I still need to listen to the new While She Sleeps record before Monday too.

Are there any new releases that anyone would recommend? I'm out of the loop. I'm willing to give anything a shot.

It doesn't seem that long ago since Rob joined Metallica and now his son who wasn't even born then is playing with KoRn :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back