The Rock/Metal thread......

Dropkick Murphys and The Living End were both fantastic tonight. The sound at the Dunfermline Alhambra was really good too, impressed with the venue!

Bring me the horizon are more of a pop band now!

Just checked these out for the first time today. The 2nd and 3rd albums I think - the first of the two the vocalist is doing a kind of Cradle Of Filth thing, jumping between legible vocals and utterly illegible screaming and pig-like demonic sounds, then the next one had a girl singing in parts and loads of ambient/electronica in there.

I thought the music was OK on the both - just about at my limit of heaviness - but couldn't get on with the vocalist at all. I like my metal vocals to be hard rocking but generally understandable. Pantera's Vulgar Display Of Power is about as hard as I like my vocals. Their next album was over the line for me.

Loads of local and smaller touring things going as well dont think get advertised enough but theres a good underground scene going on at minute seemed to grow in numbers last year. Warrior Soul doing a free gig in Trillians the 18th Feb

Wow are they still going?

I remember buying an album of theirs after hearing Love Destruction for the first time, hating the rest of the album and eventually giving it away to someone.

Arnocorps have just announce a UK tour this summer, and they're playing Newcastle this time. I would recommend anyone going to see these, especially if you like your genuine Austrian Folklore. EXACTLY.

Do it. Do it now.

:lol: Awesome.

Last edited:
Wow are they still going?

I remember buying an album of theirs after hearing Love Destruction for the first time, hating the rest of the album and eventually giving it away to someone.

The singer is no other band members. That gig was total shambles he was totally drunk falling all over the stage into drum kit etc etc thankfully was free they playing Tills again in March this year. First two albums were really good went downhill form there.

Went and saw Geoff Tate the other night with his Operation Mindcrime band playing said album in full, was expecting it to be shit and too a point had took view he was a total knob from how he treat other band members to some of the albums and cabaret tours he had as well as his voice being shot on record. Was totally wrong one of best gigs been too, for someone now playing to 300 people on a cold Tuesday night seemed really happy to be performing and appreciative of the audience, lost some of his vocal range but still fantastic performance.

Canny!

Reminds me of Pro-Pain from the early 90's...

I was going to have a moan about the boring nature of rethrash and say if going to listen to this would just spin up Nuclear Assault, DRI or Suicidal but embedded track decent got the album on now, know I listened to their earlier albums and forgot about them. Still think rethrash most pointless genre going though.

I was going to have a moan about the boring nature of rethrash and say if going to listen to this would just spin up Nuclear Assault, DRI or Suicidal but embedded track decent got the album on now, know I listened to their earlier albums and forgot about them. Still think rethrash most pointless genre going though.

in same vein Integrity last album s is fantastic for those that like hardcore/thrash crossover

Last edited:
Discovered the band Failure today.

Never heard of them but apparently they had 3 albums in the 90's and toured as the support act for Tool a lot, went off to do different things (one of them was in A Perfect Circle) and then got back together in 2014.

I've listened to all 4 albums today. All of them are worth a listen.

This is their 2015 comeback album, which I've listened to twice now. Some of it is absolutely immense, like track 15 Otherwhere (@ 46m58s in this vid)....

I hear bits of Deftones and third-album-era Alice In Chains in the sound.

Back