The Rock/Metal thread......

We should have a thread to discuss our music so here it is.. Here you can post recommendations, new pick ups, tour news and more.. I'll start, just ordered the following albums..
Eod- A tale of dark legacy
AFI- The blood album
Kreator- Gods of violence
Code orange- forever
Nicole Saboune- Miman
Aversions Crown- Xenocide
And have the new Battle beast and Mastodon albums preordered...

I have broad music taste, but there's no place for Rock/Metal in the new music thread unfortunately. I've listened to quite a few new albums this year through the wonders of streaming services:

The new AFI album is ok, no more, no less IMO. I hadn't really paid much attention to them after Black Sails though.

New Sepultura is a cracker, pleasantly surprised by the Gone is Gone album, Dropkick Murphys was pretty average.

Coming up is Black Star Riders (ex-Thin Lizzy) out tomorrow, Overkill next week, Marilyn Manson on Valentines Day (a midweek release) and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard on the 24th.

Last edited:
I have broad music taste, but there's no place for Rock/Metal in the new music thread unfortunately. I've listened to quite a few new albums this year through the wonders of streaming services:

The new AFI album is ok, no more, no less IMO. I hadn't really paid much attention to them after Black Sails though.

New Sepultura is a cracker, pleasantly surprised by the Gone is Gone album, Dropkick Murphys was pretty average.

Coming up is Black Star Riders (ex-Thin Lizzy) out tomorrow, Overkill next week, Marilyn Manson on Valentines Day (a midweek release) and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard on the 24th.

You just have to view it differently mate. The classic era won't be touched to us but there's still elements of it in modern bands. I quote like a bot of Avenged Sevenfold's stuff but it can drift into that "noughties" metal sound and I switch off.

You just have to view it differently mate. The classic era won't be touched to us but there's still elements of it in modern bands. I quote like a bot of Avenged Sevenfold's stuff but it can drift into that "noughties" metal sound and I switch off.
Think you've misunderstood me (reading to back it's not very clear) - I meant I love rock and metal, but the New Music Releases Thread on here doesn't really cover it so this thread is a good idea.

I'm not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold though.

Aye basically stopped wearing make up
And got a less ridiculous hair cut!

The new Mastodon track is great and has me really excited for the record. Beyond that, I haven't listened to too many new releases recently.

Bands I've been listening to a lot recently include:

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Deftones
Black Sabbath
Mastodon
Metallica
Letlive
Avenged Sevenfold
Gojira
Every Time I Die
Periphery
Architects

I saw Avenged Sevenfold with Disturbed and In Flames last month, and will be seeing Anthrax, Gojira, While She Sleeps and UnderOath over the next four months.

Hopefully this thread stays relatively active - you can never get enough new music recommendations.

Last edited:
If anyone has Spotify check out the Betrayer - World of Chaos (1993) album it's class. For fans of Kreator/Sodom/Dark Angel etc. Only has 19 monthly listeners too :lol:

The new Mastodon track is great and has me really excited for the record. Beyond that, I haven't listened to too many new releases recently.

Bands I've been listening to a lot recently include:

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Deftones
Black Sabbath
Mastodon
Metallica
Letlive
Avenged Sevenfold
Gojira
Every Time I Die
Periphery
Architects

I saw Avenged Sevenfold with Disturbed and In Flames last month, and will be seeing Anthrax, Gojira, While She Sleeps and UnderOath over the next four months.

Hopefully this thread stays relatively active - you can never get enough new music recommendations.

Dillinger! :cool:

Back