The Rock/Metal thread......

The fabulous and furry Blue Oyster Cult are making another round at Northumbria Uni on Monday. As long as they're on the bus - I'll be there to watch 'em.

Playing their first album from 1972 which is full of songs of biker legends and drug deals gone bad....
With Satan's hog no pig at all
And the weather's getting dry
We'll head south from Altamont
In a cold-blood travelled trance
So clear the road, my bully boys
And let some thunder pass
We're pain, we're steel, a plot of knives
We're Transmaniacon MC

The fabulous and furry Blue Oyster Cult are making another round at Northumbria Uni on Monday. As long as they're on the bus - I'll be there to watch 'em.

Playing their first album from 1972 which is full of songs of biker legends and drug deals gone bad....
We're Transmaniacon MC

I`ll be there. Rainbow on Sunday then BOC on Monday. Doesn`t get better than that. Hopefully interviewing Buck and Eric beforehand too.:cool:. Tow of my favourite bands and two of my favourite guitarists on consecutive nights. Now...just have to try and fit Cheap Trick in there too who play in Manchester on Wednesday but don`t think I can make it unfortunately.

I`ll be there. Rainbow on Sunday then BOC on Monday. Doesn`t get better than that. Hopefully interviewing Buck and Eric beforehand too.:cool:. Tow of my favourite bands and two of my favourite guitarists on consecutive nights. Now...just have to try and fit Cheap Trick in there too who play in Manchester on Wednesday but don`t think I can make it unfortunately.
Proper trooper you are lad. Im going on my holls on Monday or would have went. Enjoy the gig. Disappointed Cheap Trick never played a few more dates over here, great band.

Proper trooper you are lad. Im going on my holls on Monday or would have went. Enjoy the gig. Disappointed Cheap Trick never played a few more dates over here, great band.
It`s been years since they played up here last. last couple of times I`ve had to go to Manchester and Sheffield to see them. Their new album is bloody great too. I wish I could make it down on Wednesday though.

Any fans of 'Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes' here? Never heard of them before but I saw them at Glastonbury and they blew me away. Anyone know much about them?

Any fans of 'Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes' here? Never heard of them before but I saw them at Glastonbury and they blew me away. Anyone know much about them?

Frank Carter was the singer in Gallows, who are a punk/hardcore band (albeit now with a different vocalist). Good live band! He left them in 2011. I think the feeling was that he wanted to move in a more commercial direction than they were going. He then formed Pure Love with American guitarist Jim Carroll. They were a lot more poppy and not that great. The Rattlesnakes seem to lie between the two and have had a top 10 album.

Frank Carter was the singer in Gallows, who are a punk/hardcore band (albeit now with a different vocalist). Good live band! He left them in 2011. I think the feeling was that he wanted to move in a more commercial direction than they were going. He then formed Pure Love with American guitarist Jim Carroll. They were a lot more poppy and not that great. The Rattlesnakes seem to lie between the two and have had a top 10 album.
Ah right, I'm really late to the party then!

We're Transmaniacon MC

I always liked Imaginos, even though it's not seen as a proper BOC album by everyone.

I especially like the song title The Siege And Investiture Of Baron Frankenstein's Castle In Wisseria

Don't know if they've had a mention on here yet but I was at the Tynedale Beer Festival the other week and an AC/DC tribute band were on called Riff Raff, and even though it's not really my cup of scad they were excellent, worth catching if that's what floats your boat.

I always liked Imaginos, even though it's not seen as a proper BOC album by everyone.

I especially like the song title The Siege And Investiture Of Baron Frankenstein's Castle In Wisseria
Imaginos should really have been the band's opus, a triple album had they got their act together. The greatest rock opera never told imho.

Didn't he have some sort of a breakdown which resulted in him quitting Gallows as he said he was sick of the music business and wanted to go back to tattooing?

Imaginos should really have been the band's opus, a triple album had they got their act together. The greatest rock opera never told imho.
Totally agree. Unfortunately the label took over and threw it together and out of order. The original vision watered down into what was an excellent album in itself but could have been an absolute classic. Eric and Buck are not keen on it at all. Personally, I love it.

BOC last night at the University were exceptional. I was lucky enough to interview Eric and Buck before the show. The planned setlist at 5:00pm was a run through the first album in its entirety. As usual though, BOC are never predictable and they totally changed the set, in fact the songs on the printed set list on the monitors changed over the course of the show. Great to hear I Love The Night and Tattoo Vampire as well as Dancin` In The Ruins which they haven't played in years.

Totally agree. Unfortunately the label took over and threw it together and out of order. The original vision watered down into what was an excellent album in itself but could have been an absolute classic. Eric and Buck are not keen on it at all. Personally, I love it.

BOC last night at the University were exceptional. I was lucky enough to interview Eric and Buck before the show. The planned setlist at 5:00pm was a run through the first album in its entirety. As usual though, BOC are never predictable and they totally changed the set, in fact the songs on the printed set list on the monitors changed over the course of the show. Great to hear I Love The Night and Tattoo Vampire as well as Dancin` In The Ruins which they haven't played in years.
Yeah, a little gutted that thy never played the album (they could play the phone book really and I wouldn't care) but I love the night was a lovely addition - I adore that song - multi layered doesn't even come close.

Look forward to reading the interview. Both very genuine blokes.

Back