The Rock/Metal thread......

New Steel Panther and Creeper albums are both pretty good.

Steel Panther is just Steel Panther, overblown 80s style hard rock.

Creeper is really good, AFI meets Alkaline Trio with some Bowie style theatrics and a splash of early 90s indie rock. Only criticism is that it wanders into teenybopper "emo" territory in a few places.

Just got ... Kreator : Love Us Or Hate Us - The very best of the Noise years

Great hearing all their early stuff again after all these years, amazing band.
I saw them at The Mayfair in 89 on the Extreme Aggression tour, what a gig that was :)

Creeper is really good, AFI meets Alkaline Trio with some Bowie style theatrics and a splash of early 90s indie rock. Only criticism is that it wanders into teenybopper "emo" territory in a few places.
Just stuck it on - the song titles :lol:
Poontang Boomerang ffs! Goin In The Backdoor (gonna be a tight squeeze) :lol:

Anyone heard of KXM the newish band featuring Ray Luzier (Korn), Dug Pinnick (King`s X) and George Lynch (Dokken). Really impressed by these:

Thanks for write up, I was gonna ask about the Panther album. Think I'll pick both up when I'm at HMV next week..
Also gonna look for Me and that man, its Nergal from behemoth's new project. Not metal but I like what I've heard..

Thanks for write up, I was gonna ask about the Panther album. Think I'll pick both up when I'm at HMV next week..
Also gonna look for Me and that man, its Nergal from behemoth's new project. Not metal but I like what I've heard..
Both will be reviewed in my blog next week, beside either/both of Samantha Crain (not rock or metal in any way) and Me And That Man (folk duo featuring Bohemoth vocalist Nergal).

EDIT - Only read half of your post hadn't realised you already had the Nergal folk stuff lined up.

Last edited:
Both will be reviewed in my blog next week, beside either/both of Samantha Crain (not rock or metal in any way) and Me And That Man (folk duo featuring Bohemoth vocalist Nergal).

EDIT - Only read half of your post hadn't realised you already had the Nergal folk stuff lined up.
Where`s your blog?

Blackberry Smoke were pretty excellent last night. I know that a few from here went along. Not from that gig but well worth seeing live...

Anyone given the new Mastodon album a whirl?

Fantastic IMO, a move back toward the sound of Leviathan.
Was just about to ask this before I saw your post.
Good to hear - I'm listening now, although not paying full attention, and it sounds good. I need to give it a proper listen a few times but it sounds promising.

Last edited:

Back