The Origins of Covid (discussion of theories)

A group of scientists may have moved a step closer to finding the source of the virus. Their research suggests it's of synthetic origin, although they're not saying for certain, and their interest in the subject seems to be to demonstrate how easy it is to create this type of virus and given the dangers, calling for global biosafety co-operation.

A synthetic origin of SARS-CoV-2

A group of scientists may have moved a step closer to finding the source of the virus. Their research suggests it's of synthetic origin, although they're not saying for certain, and their interest in the subject seems to be to demonstrate how easy it is to create this type of virus and given the dangers, calling for global biosafety co-operation.

A synthetic origin of SARS-CoV-2

Interesting. I confess I don’t understand the technical specifics, but their discussion on what they’ve found, its strengths and limitations is refreshingly transparent.

It needs to be weighed up against the considerable body of evidence that it was natural in origin of course.

Thankfully, it neatly silences the people who claim the Chinese planned the pandemic by suggesting what it has found is not evidence of malicious intent.

I still believe a natural origin is most likely, with a wet market the probable source - as SARS was traced back to.

However if the Wuhan lab is ultimately implicated (which is a possibility that I have said was possible all along, before anyone starts) then the western powers need to do all they can to limit China’s research of this nature.

Interesting. I confess I don’t understand the technical specifics, but their discussion on what they’ve found, its strengths and limitations is refreshingly transparent.

It needs to be weighed up against the considerable body of evidence that it was natural in origin of course.

Thankfully, it neatly silences the people who claim the Chinese planned the pandemic by suggesting what it has found is not evidence of malicious intent.

I still believe a natural origin is most likely, with a wet market the probable source - as SARS was traced back to.

However if the Wuhan lab is ultimately implicated (which is a possibility that I have said was possible all along, before anyone starts) then the western powers need to do all they can to limit China’s research of this nature.
Or, it was brought over form the USA by one of the contestants in the Army Olympics that was held in, you guessed it.

Wuhan

I mentioned this in another thread a long time ago but my father (sunderland lad) was pioneer in bioinformatics, and drug design in the UK. I asked him about the theories circulating about Covid just after the height of the pandemic as, at thevtine he was conducting (now published) research on the structure of the virus based on information supplied by the Chinese in genebank.

His conclusion was that whilst it was possible there was no evidence that the virus was of lab origin. It was certainly bat based but the interesting thing was that another virus had recently appeared on the database that was strikingly similar but was dated before covid. Therefore whilst blame could not be proportioned in any way, nor should it, there was a possibility that a certain Chinese lab or labs had known about something very much like covid for a while but not published anything. Another possible insinuation being that covid had been around for a while before the outbreak.

This, incidentally, Is quite within any labs rights and can be quite normal, regardless of nationality, despite being morally ambiguous at best.

Back