Swearing in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear naturally in conversation all the time.

Keep it to a minimum in the work place and try to keep it down if kids are about.

I used to not swear around my parents but over time it's just become the norm yet I still refuse to swear in front of grandparents

I was just musing on the weird rules after hearing someone complain about it on the train

What is the general etiquette you adhere to?
Not in front of parents ever. Not in front of kids under 13 (apart from at match)
Not in a professional environment unless with colleagues who also swear.
Not in mixed company unless with a woman who also swears.
I'm sure there are more rules I stick to.

I swear, a LOT, probably too much, but I also exercise self control when in situations where it might upset folk. It's not compulsory to swear at football matches if there's kids in earshot or if somebody complains.

just good manners I reckon

I can't help myself at the match like, doesn't matter who's there. We're f***ing shite and I'll let them kna.

Not in front of parents ever. Not in front of kids under 13 (apart from at match)
Not in a professional environment unless with colleagues who also swear.
Not in mixed company unless with a woman who also swears.
I'm sure there are more rules I stick to.
Basically this for me anarl Harry.

You can’t reason with chavs mate. They tend to have shitty and chaotic lives, but are unable to draw any links between their behaviour and outcome. They keep themselves and their children down, to the benefit of gentlemen.
Yeah mate only chavs swear. Only chavs break the law and only chavs keep themselves and thier kids down. This place man. :lol::lol::lol:

People/groups who swear infront of kids or older people disgust me.

Dont get me wrong I use vile language meself but always make sure its in appropriate situations. I cringe when I’m out with my kids and you hear some absolute scratters effing and blinding with complete disregard. Scummy scratter antics, yes I appreciate they will hear it in the play ground but that is a woeful comeback.

Whenever ive been out on the piss with my mates we have always kept a lid on our language infront of OAPS & kids.

The boot is itching for a bite on this isn’t he :lol:
A bite? He’s nearly took me arm off.

I always found that to be a strange argument. You don't increase your vocabulary by excluding certain specific words.

In fact, if silence is your only alternative to swearing in a situation then you're equipped with exactly no appropriate vocabulary.

Never lost for any words fella, it is a strange argument, I agree, but never found it to be an issue. Always have a headful and a mouthful of words available without having to swear.

But it achieved it's objective as a child, never resorted to swearing, although I can curse with the best.

Never seen the need to F and Jeff where young children are mind, but that is just me.

Never lost for any words fella, it is a strange argument, I agree, but never found it to be an issue. Always have a headful and a mouthful of words available without having to swear.

But it achieved it's objective as a child, never resorted to swearing, although I can curse with the best.

Never seen the need to F and Jeff where young children are mind, but that is just me.
are you old jimmer lad?

Last edited:
are you old jimmer lad?[/QUOTE

Still a bairn bootie, many years left if stay in control of my health. It was being brought up a left footer and in a Catholic family where grandparents were concerts to the faith.

More religious than the Priests and Nuns. :eek::rolleyes::lol:

Oh and my old Para Sergeants........did not like swearing lol.........Silence was golden drunk or sober :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I didn’t say that only chavs swear. Your life is fairly well aligned with my hypothesis, in fairness.
True. Apart from keeping myself and family down. I’m doing alright as a builder after seeing in the forces. One kid at uni
One kid manager of a call centre
And one doing GCSEs then six form then uni.

Oh and my old Para Sergeants........did not like swearing lol.........Silence was golden drunk or sober :lol::lol:
Aye they certainly like a bit swear. I used to blush. :lol:

Last edited:
True. Apart from keeping myself and family down. I’m doing alright as a builder after seeing in the forces. One kid at uni
One kid manager of a call centre
And one doing GCSEs then six form then uni.

No need to explain your life bootie, look after you and yours is the aim and your achieving that no problems. As well as the fishing, mind a few casts on here get some good nibbles now and then, not that I partake of that mind! :rolleyes::lol:

Last edited:
Better than a hypo.
“It’s ok to swear at the match you know”. Hilarious on here sometimes.

Nought wrang with a bit of Romany in any family! To be fair!! In my background, ......Oh, maybe I am a Chav then. Mind so what got loads of pennies to spend :lol::lol:

Another narcissist....I’m seeing a trend here :lol:

You a seer then, or just like playing with Crystal balls!! Narcissistic, hmmmm like that word. :lol::lol: . Vets stick together :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back