Swearing in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve noticed that some regions swear way more than others. Cockneys are the worst in England but Glaswegeians take it to a different level.

Noticed lately how posh lasses/women seem to think its not an issue on trains etc “so I was like, giles, what the fuck, thats my asshole” etc.

Just sounds wrong n doesnt suit them.

With mates I have a potty mouth.

In public, with parents or with in laws I never swear, just never have and never will. Each to there own like

People/groups who swear infront of kids or older people disgust me.

Dont get me wrong I use vile language meself but always make sure its in appropriate situations. I cringe when I’m out with my kids and you hear some absolute scratters effing and blinding with complete disregard. Scummy scratter antics, yes I appreciate they will hear it in the play ground but that is a woeful comeback.

Whenever ive been out on the piss with my mates we have always kept a lid on our language infront of OAPS & kids.

The boot is itching for a bite on this isn’t he :lol:

Last edited:
with mates every other word. anyone else not really. don't think my parents have ever heard me swear. don't even think about it, just like an off switch when around certain people

People/groups who swear infront of kids or older people disgust me.

Dont get me wrong I use vile language meself but always make sure its in appropriate situations. I cringe when I’m out with my kids and you hear some absolute scratters effing and blinding with complete disregard. Scummy scratter antics, yes I appreciate they will hear it in the play ground but that is a woeful comeback.

Whenever ive been out on the piss with my mates we have always kept a lid on our language infront of OAPS & kids.

The boot is itching for a bite on this isn’t he :lol:

Apparently your post will make you a fanny!

I love it how in one of his posts where he says he swears around kids, he respects the fact they move away from him:D

Always swear me. Freedom of speech. It’s just words. No one seems to have a problem. The odd parent will walk away out of ear shot with their kid. Their choice which I respect.

Has it never occurred to you, that they may have a problem with it, but might be frightened to say something to you as feel intimidated with you swearing?

Last edited:

I love it how in one of his posts where he says he swears around kids, he respects the fact they move away from him:D

Has it never occurred to you, that they may have a problem with it, but might be frightened to say something to you as feel intimidated with you swearing?
He’s just a soft shite on the windup dont worry.

Modern Groups of kids are horrid.

When I was a youngin id never swear or act like a knob infront of an adult for fear itd get back to my folks or school (if I say had uniform on) then i’d be in for an asbolute world of shit.

They couldnt give a shite nowadays :lol:

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that some regions swear way more than others. Cockneys are the worst in England but Glaswegeians take it to a different level.
Dundonians use cnt like you and I would use a comma.

Example being: Alright, ya cnt. It’s cunting pissing it down out there.

I was always told as a kid that, people swore because they could not think of any other things to say in it's place.

Also why swear and confirm you have a lack of volcabulary and thought. Far better to be silent and to be thought intellectual.

Then my Da ruined his explanation, when he hit his thumb with the hammer after missing the nail he was replacing in an item he was repairing. Never knew he could swear like a trooper, as he never, ever used that type of language!

Brother and I both got our arses hit with the leather belt after our smart arse reply, better to be silent, than confirm your intellectually deficient. Still laughed about it many years later, long after the old fella was a memory.....:eek::rolleyes::lol:
I always found that to be a strange argument. You don't increase your vocabulary by excluding certain specific words.

In fact, if silence is your only alternative to swearing in a situation then you're equipped with exactly no appropriate vocabulary.

Yes but like I say I respect that people who don’t like it move away. Instead of making a scene and a fool of themselves. If you were in a boozer talking about how good the council were I’d move away I would not chirp in giving my point of view. Swearing is a way of life wether people are offended or not. Imagine ya kids not hearing a swear word until they get to secondary school.

Yes but like I say I respect that people who don’t like it move away. Instead of making a scene and a fool of themselves. If you were in a boozer talking about how good the council were I’d move away I would not chirp in giving my point of view. Swearing is a way of life wether people are offended or not. Imagine ya kids not hearing a swear word until they get to secondary school.
Poor.

There’s no excuse for swearing excessively in front of young kids like. Expecting people to move away because you can’t moderate your language is very narcissistic on your part.

Some fannies at the match giving lad grief for swearing "in front of my kids "

Footy matches are exempt from the above.

Last edited:
And you do it.
BRAVO!!! Numb nuts. @Mackem DJ

There’s no excuse for swearing excessively in front of young kids like. Expecting people to move away because you can’t moderate your language is very narcissistic on your part.

Footy matches are exempt from the above.
So you completely contradict yourself in the same post?

Bravo to you too.

Last edited:
Not really.

People should expect swearing at a football match. There’s no need to be shouting and swearing excessively anywhere else really.
:lol: Like a pub. What if I’m watching football.
Away man admit im ok to swear in public.
I change for no one. Parents always taught me that. If other people did the same there wouldn’t be a problem tbf.

:lol: Like a pub. What if I’m watching football.
Away man admit im ok to swear in public.
I change for no one. Parents always taught me that. If other people did the same there wouldn’t be a problem tbf.

As I said, narcissistic.

The only person making a fool of themselves swearing where kids are, will be the people who are doing the swearing.

And unfortunately in today’s society to many are frightened to ask people like you to stop swearing in front of their children, as don’t know what will come back on them

People near you when you swearing should not have to move away as you should not be doing in there presence, it’s called respecting those around you, a concept that seems totally lost on you!

The fact you don’t see that tells me everything, as for your comparison with the council that’s just a ridiculous comparison and not relevant in the slightest!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back