Swearing in public

I swear naturally in conversation all the time.

Keep it to a minimum in the work place and try to keep it down if kids are about.

I used to not swear around my parents but over time it's just become the norm yet I still refuse to swear in front of grandparents

I was just musing on the weird rules after hearing someone complain about it on the train

What is the general etiquette you adhere to?
Similair to yours, will or won't swear depending on location or company. Swearing loudly in the street is a scratter thing to do.

Just come in from town ( steak and Stilton pasty) and there were 1/2 a dozen scaffolders taking down a massive structure and there was quite abit of swearing in the town late morning on probably the busiest day. It does boil my piss to be fair as there’s kids running about (I’m sure they’ve heard it before) but I’m surprised their gaffer hadn’t got them to reel it in, all wearing company logos and lorry all sign written. It doesn’t reflect well and it sounds rubbish too

I try not to, because I have consideration for other people. Being a gentleman seems to be out of fashion these days.
True,standards have deteriorated over the last twenty or so years,I spent most of my life working in occupied homes and unfortunately it has almost become the norm to use the F word in front of children and complete strangers for certain members of the public for some.

If I'm around people who I know specifically dislike it I'll probably not swear, but usually I don't see it as a big deal at all. I find the prudishness around swearing a little strange, but generally try to respect other people's sensitivities.

Back